SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    Astro 320 + laptop?

I have heard of people using a laptop to see a bigger screen when runnig their dogs along with the astro 320. Has anyone done this that can tell me how?

Thanks

Re: Astro 320 + laptop?

I have not done this yet but from what i understand, you have to have the basecamp software running and plug your 320 into the pc sounds pretty simple .so there may be more to it than that.good luck

I have used my laptop. I haven't been able to get birdseye to work and I do not have any additional maps on my basecamp, so it is difficuly to see where the dog is compares to roads, paths or creeks. You need Basestation (Included with an updated BaseCamp) and set your Astro to ask you to set basestation mode or not when you connect to the laptop. I have read that Birdseye is suppose to work, but I haven't got that to work yet.

In order for Birdseye to work on the laptop you HAVE to have an ACTIVE subscription and the Birdseye has to be loaded on basecamp and the 320 or alpha.

I'm Installing Laptops and Tablets with Garmins

I'm doing setup, installs, and training on laptops and tablets with Garmin tracking systems if anyone's interested. Check out gpsdawgs.com or call me at 205-532-7987.

Thanks,
    Cody Baker
    205-532-7987
    gpsdawgs.com