SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    ====OLD DOMINION FHA JUNE 14th RESULTS===

Please accept my apologies for the delay on this post.

Old Dominion FHA held a five hour, two-class speed and drive field trial on June 14, 2014 at Poole’s Foxhound Training Preserve. I would like thank all hunters who attended. I cannot tell you how much we appreciate your support year after year. A big congratulations goes out to all those who placed in the trial. I would also like to thank our event sponsor and others who donated to this trial. I encourage you all to visit with these businesses in the future.

1) Bank of McKenney (event sponsor), www.bankofmckenney.com
    2) Halemar Specialties, www.halemar.com
    3) Johnson’s Dog Supplies, 336-939-9323
    4) Dogs and More, 804-478-5009

I believe it was the top 8 hounds from each class that received three collars from Johnson\'s Dog Supplies each. The top 3 hounds from each class also received a field trial blanket from Halemar Specialties. And the 1st place all age hound recieved a feeder from Dogs and More.

I also want to thank the folks at Poole’s for their accommodations. This is a great place to have a trial, great facilities and great people.

We had a very successful trial with 148 entries, 73 hounds in the derby and 75 in the all age. There was solid running for the first 4 hours of the trial. A few rain showers the days prior to the trial helped running conditions, and the temperatures stayed relatively cool that morning. We had good red and gray fox running, and the judges did a great job staying on the hounds. The new cutover at Poole’s held some of the grays, but the reds made up for it by sweeping the pen. To see the list of hounds that placed go to Poole\'s website. We are in the process of rounding up our prizes and getting ready for the trial on July 12th, give us a call if you need more numbers.