SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    Alpha problem

I am having trouble with my Alpha not wanting to stay on when hooked to to the truck charger. If I cut it off and let it just charge it seems to charge fine, but if I wanna charge it and still see dogs it keeps wanting to shut off. I am not the only one having this problem, as another buddy is having same trouble. I am just curious if anyone else is having this issue and a possible fix. I am using the Alpha truck charger that came with it.

Re: Alpha problem

I had several friends have this problem during deer season. It was a batch of bad parts in a certain lot of units. They had got 3 from same place. They all ended up sending them back and getting new ones.

Had similar problem with my 320 it was my 12v plug in. Maybe try a buddies if possible hope this helps

I tried that. I used my 320 charger also. Guess I will be calling Garmin.

Change your contact update rate to 30 seconds. I and several others that I hunt with had the same problem Billy Gray with Outdoor Dog Supply had us change update rate and it fixed the problem.

Jay, are you talking about on the contacts or the collar update? We tried clearing the contact list out. We had them pared together and was hoping with that gone it would have helped. Garmin is no help at all. They want me to send it back. Hoping to find a fix before I went without for a while.

Having talked to Billy at Outdoor dog supply, seems our troubles are coming from where we pared our boxes together. I guess it automatically sets it at 2.5 seconds just like the collars. My buddy already changed his to 2 mins and problem seems to be fixed as far as staying on when plugged to cig lighter. He says he still can't Tone or Shock, but at least it isn't cutting off and on. Thanks Billy, I can hardly wait to get home and correct mine.