SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    View Entire Thread
    Re: garmin alpha tracks

I have spent hours going over options, going over it with garmin on the phone, updating, resetting, whatever.... still no help so I'm going to send it all back...again. been thru every setting. just about giving up. 9 collars and the unit, hasn't even been a year shouldn't do this.

If you go to your Dog Track screen you will see the options for OFF. 10 minutes and so on. Off does not mean Off. It actually turns the timers off and leaves tracks on all the time. When you are on that screen, touch the off key and drag your finger down to reveal a hidden key that will disable all hounds tracks.

If you can't find it you can give me a call and I will walk you through it.

Bert
    252-945-7133

man, thank you! I feel like an idiot! You would think all the time on the phone with garmin they would have said this or I would have found it...thank you!

That's exactly right Bert Hill. I went straight to it this morning. I knew someone would probably be able to tell him before I could check it and respond.

The people you are talking with for Garmin are only reading a trouble shooting guide for the most part.Most of the time when you call Garmin you (the end user) know more about the system than the person you are talking with. They will give you a step by step process and if that dosen't fix it you will have to send it in. The people that know the systems are the hunters and the ones that do the software upgrades or the ones that designed it. I don't even bother to call for their help anymore.

Glad I could help.