SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    View Entire Thread
    Re: Bubba Lane

This is very sad news. I always looked forward to seeing Bubba at the Nationals each year. Truly a great loss to the Foxhunting community! My thoughts and prayers are with the family.

So saddened to hear about Bubba\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s passing. He always had a smile on his face when you talked to him.

I will always treasure the stories he told me about his trips with Mickey and Mr. Nichols to the Nationals and other hunts they traveled all over the Southern United States to attend.

When the USO was held a few years ago in Grenada, Mississippi, I ate a meal one day before the hunt started at the Yellow Rose which is no longer in business. While eating we were joined by J.W. Webb, Mickey Kennedy and Bubba Lane. I wish I had used a tape recorder to capture all the stories I heard during that meal. I was like a child in a candy shop enjoying every moment of it. I thank GOD for that opportunity and for the memory to remember some of those stories. Of course the stories with the most humor in them involved and were told by Bubba.

I will miss him, he was a prince of a man. GOD bless his family and friends during this time.

Jeff Brinchek
    Kenly, NC

With the passing of Mr. Bubba Grenada will never be the same. Mickey I guess it will be up to Stegall to keep you straight.

From what I have heard Mr.Lane was a world class catfish cooker who enjoyed feeding people .As well as a first class family man and a good dog man. A help before, during and after a hunt and one of the men left over from the good ole days of foxhunting just trying to have fun .

Mr. Bubba was a great cook. I enjoyed deer hunting with him when I was younger @ gore springs and have enjoyed the last several years field trailing at the lake. He always was a joy to listen to. A hunter my age always pays close attention to men like Mr. Bubba. He has shared many great stories, advice, fellowship over the years. Every miss state, southern states,Grenada lake, and Calhoun for as long as I can remember, when you walked down the hill to the entry room and rounded the corner there was Mr bubba sitting in the swing or at a pick nick table with a crowd around him. That memory will forever be engraved in my mind.

Danial,
    Noone could have said that better! Thats exactly the memory I have of him siitin' by the entry shed!

Prayin' for his Family and Friends