SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    Puppy Mill Bill moving thru....Need E-mails Sent

Senate & House Conferees appointed to negotiate final version of Budget

Please contact the following Senators who are on the Budget Conference Committee. The telephone number listed is the Senator’s Raleigh office. Leave a voice mail message as necessary. Do not forward this email to a Senator. Please begin a new email to each Senator by clicking on the link of the Senator’s email. You can copy the language below into your email for a quick message or express your ideas in your own words. Either way is good!

Sen. Harry Brown, Chairman harry.brown@ncleg.net 919-715-3034

Sen. Tom Apodaca tom.apodaca@ncleg.net 919-733-5745

Sen. Phil Berger (Pres. Pro Tem) phil.berger@ncleg.net 919-733-5708

Sen. Andrew C. Brock andrew.brock@ncleg.net 919-715-0690

Sen. Kathy Harrington kathy.harrington@ncleg.net 919-733-5734

Sen. Ralph Hise ralph.hise@ncleg.net 919-733-3460

Sen. Brent Jackson brent.jackson@ncleg.net 919-733-5705

Sen. Wesley Meredith wesley.meredith@ncleg.net 919-733-5776

Sen. Louis Pate louis.pate@ncleg.net 919-733-5621

Sen. Bill Rabon bill.rabon@ncleg.net 919-733-5963

Sen. Shirley B. Randleman shirley.randleman@ncleg.net 919-733-5743

Sen. Bob Rucho bob.rucho@ncleg.net 919-733-5655

Sen. Dan Soucek dan.soucek@ncleg.net 919-733-5742

Sen. Jerry W. Tillman jerry.tillman@ncleg.net 919-733-5870

Sen. Tommy Tucker tommy.tucker@ncleg.net 919-733-7659

Please reject the infamous “Puppy Mill” language added to the House Budget at the last minute. We have strong existing animal cruelty laws. Also, new APHIS federal pet dealer regulations are being implemented, effective as of November 2013. This language is simply not needed in NC.

The vague definitions from the “Puppy Mill Bill” were originally lifted from AKC dog show standards, and were never designed to define criminal conduct. Attempted enforcement would be costly and time-consuming. Do not overburden law enforcement. Do not squander taxpayers’ money. Do not implement the hugely expensive animal rights agenda which values animals equally with people.

Thank you for resisting the Governor’s desire to grab control of the Animal Welfare Section. We are concerned the Governor would appoint an animal rights radical to oversee this agency.

Please continue to say “NO” to such a transfer of the Animal Welfare Section away from the Dept. of Agriculture. Let veterinarians administer animal welfare policy within a reasonable budget.

It is important these Senators receive many polite phone calls and emails. They have been on our side, and we want to encourage them to stand strong! Voice mail messages are great. These are the people who will make the decision. These Senators have the power to reject the proposed “Puppy Mill Bill” House language. Do not be afraid to leave telephone messages. Senators have left Raleigh for the weekend and will be back in Raleigh on Monday. Call each Senator and leave a polite message when you have time over the weekend. Of course, if you know any of these Senators, contact them at home over the weekend. Email each Senator. They need to hear from many of us! Contact anyone you know who knows them. Let your voices be heard! Thank you for your help. This message is time sensitive: the decision will be made next week in Raleigh!

Call us if you have questions. Thank you! Joe and Henri McClees

NC Sporting Dog Association, Inc.

PO Box 430

Oriental, NC 28571

Office (252) 249-1097, Fax (252) 249-3275

www.ncsportingdog.org

Re: Puppy Mill Bill moving thru....Need E-mails Sent

All you hunters in NC, need to jump on defeating this bill!!

Fight it til the end!

Allan Bishop
    (Jabber Jaw)

^^ Thanks for posting.

Here is a simple copy and paste for the e-mail addresses:

harry.brown@ncleg.net, tom.apodaca@ncleg.net, phil.berger@ncleg.net, andrew.brock@ncleg.net, kathy.harrington@ncleg.net, ralph.hise@ncleg.net, brent.jackson@ncleg.net, wesley.meredith@ncleg.net, louis.pate@ncleg.net, bill.rabon@ncleg.net, shirley.randleman@ncleg.net, bob.rucho@ncleg.net, dan.soucek@ncleg.net, jerry.tillman@ncleg.net, tommy.tucker@ncleg.net

You can include the deer farming move in the budget too.

E-mail sent to my local rep. It's Friday afternoon. I'll follow up on Monday with a call.

Update: Sen. Berger is the representative for my district. I just now got off the phone with a very nice lady named Barbara from his Raleigh office. We talked pleasantly for about five minutes about the language in the bill and my concerns about it. He's aware of the maneuvering behind the scenes and it's not something that he condones. He's very fiscally conservative as well, so I believe he knows how much it will cost to enforce any new laws.

I was a little nervous about calling, but it wasn't bad.