SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    NCCSA Hunt on May 31, 2014

When I got out of church this morning I had numerous text messages and phone calls. These messages were all about rumors of a "shady hunt" or a "cover up" that took place at our hunt last weekend. This was the first I have heard of this. I did reply to all those that contacted me and I did read the post that were being made on Speeddogs.

What I am about to say is not from hear say, it is fact because I was there. We did have 144 hounds registered for the hunt and had 22 judges. I did not judge for two reasons. Reason 1 - I gave out the numbers so I did know whose dog was whose and I did not want to put our association in a situation where anyone could say that a judge knew whose dog had which number. Reason 2- although I was not MOH, I did feel that it was important for someone to be in the room with the individual putting in the scores just incase a question came up about a score, hound, etc.

The information that I read posted on here earlier made several accusations. The first was that of the scores being altered (doubled?).
    Fact = The scores were not doubled /inflated etc for any hound. Scores were put in the computer just as they were turned in by the judges. Any scores that were questionable for any reason were set aside and were ruled on by the MOH. There were 3 score sheets that were questionable and these 3 were presented to the MOH and a ruling was made.

There was also a rumor mentioned of hunters and judges getting together after the hunt and questioning the validity of the final scores and reviewing the score sheets.
    Fact = this was never brought to the attention of anyone associated with the NCCSA. We were in the building cleaning, discussing issues in Raleigh, and tidying up loose ends for over an hour after the trophy presentation. There was also a group of hunters in there figuring out the calcutta money (which the NCCSA had nothing to do with). Just before we left, there was one hunter who went "dumpster diving" for scores in the trash. When this individual was asked what he was doing he said that he was looking for something "for his own information and nothing was wrong". When he was finished, all trash was taken out and hauled away.

This was the last I have heard about anything associated with the hunt until today after church. Since I had a pretty good idea that all this started with the dumpster diving, I called the individual today and got his take on this issue. We had a lengthy conversation, disagreed on some points, but at the end we both agreed (and I hope I speaking correctly for him) that all this did start with some comments that were made based on some information he was told but in the end.... it all got blowed way out of line.

The NCCSA in no way has any knowledge of any wrong doing at this hunt. We are satisfied that each board member of the NCCSA that was present, judges, and the individual computing the scores did everything within their power to make this a fair and ethical hunt. If there had been any type of misconduct before, during, or after the hunt by anyone I assure you that it would have been addressed.

There were lots of accusations questioning the integrity and validity of the hunt put on by the NCCSA last weekend. We work hard for each person in the State of North Carolina and we appreciate the support shown by each person in the past and we hope you continue to support us in the future.

I hope this sheds some light on the dark cloud that was created by some folks that may or may not have been at the hunt. If anything I have posted here is incorrect I would encourage you to call me and let's discuss it and get it correct. I am not too proud to admit that I made a mistake or a mistake has been made.
    If you have any questions or concerns with anything that took place at the hunt, please call so we can get it taken care of.
    Again, thanks to each of you for supporting us.

Dale Miller
    910-231-8215