SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    View Entire Thread
    Re: coyote hearing

I think you can run them just can't shoot them.

They are worried about those five counties, they trapped one in Pitt co. last year on hwy 11 behind the pepsi plant, but you can't shoot them. If they are going to stop one they need to stop it all. Now they have grey wolf pups at the zoo in NC, when do you think they will turn them out. If they were extinct there must have been a reason for them to be extinct, I think it is a waste of tax payers money, you don't see any dinosaurs do you. The grey fox is just about extinct, I can't find one anywhere. When are they going to bring them back.

Mr Williams maybe you need to get some better hunting dogs. I see them on the side of the road all the time.

Hey where do you live.

Johnston County. But I travel all over Wayne, Wilson, Sampson and Johnston counties.

From my understanding of Judges Boyles ruling in the 5 county area you can only trap coyotes with a permit. Can only shoot coyotes in defense or in defense of livestock.
    If you take the Endangered Species Act's definition of "take" and extend it to the added protection for the coyote, then it is/would be a violation to "run" coyotes within the 5 county area.

How does a Nonessential Experimental Population (NEP) designation affect consultations?
    Under the Endangered Species Act, species listed as endangered or threatened are afforded protection primarily through the prohibitions of section 9 and the requirements of section 7. Section 9 of the Act prohibits the take of endangered wildlife. "Take" is defined by the Act as harass, harm, pursue, hunt, shoot, wound,kill, trap, capture, collect, or attempt to engage
    in any such conduct. Service regulations (50 CFR17.31) generally extend the prohibitionof take to threatened wildlife.

I was referring to the red wolf if they were extinct then where did they come from and why bring them back. If a man can set a foot trap he is subject to catch a red wolf so what is the difference in trapping and shooting he will probably die either way.