SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    View Entire Thread
    Re: Question for Hunters: Please Read

Bill I have spent a lot of money and time training my hounds to the TT10 collars. To me its about getting my hounds up quicker and getting them ready for the next day sooner. I think cell phones used by judges working together on different sides in the pen padding scores on a hound have a greater chance of cheating then a collar ever would. I tone my hounds and they will come looking for me. They know its time to stop and get to the truck and get picked up. Last thing I want is to tone a hound and it go stand at a judges truck waiting to be picked up, don't know how this would help.

No , I dont cast my hounds anywhere with out garmins on them

We run hounds in our pen with shock collars on. A lot of it was to protect our game. However we have watched this many times.On any type of situation where we have dogs pile up, we tone one dog, the others hear it and guess what , they all leave. Here is the unfortunate part. Some leave and go back hunting and others come straight to the porch at the house, no matter how far away the house is from them, they come to it.This would be terrible if a man in the yard is watching his hound on garmin from half way across a pen, a bay occurs, a judge is there getting dogs off, but guess what, Garmin doesn't show that. So owner tones dog and all surrounding hounds hear it, NO hunter has the right to interfere with my hound during competition. This isn't training time, this is competition.Even if we are all the most honest hunters in the world, nobody said what you are doing is malicious its just not right.
    Keep the training devices out of the competition area.
    We have ours trained by name, if you holler their name I promise they will do back flips to get to you. As Bill said, do the work before, not during.
    I too have spent a tremendous amount of money and do not want anyone affecting my hounds during competition.
    You don't have to run TT-10's to run Garmins. Sorry you all bought these.We use 50's with Tritronics shock system when training

Sure!Quality of the hounds I was feeding is a bigger issue than type of collar around their neck

Outside the wire I would not attend a hunt with this rule. It cuts my gas cost in half and i can slow traffic down if I see they are trying to cross main rd. Inside the wire i would not care I run beep collars anyway bc of interference!!

May god bless the feild trail world

i still compete that way right now. not gonna give up my beep beeps and go to a garmin. i know some are gonna say no way but i believe i can catch my hounds just about as fast as anyone with a garmin. its all in how to train your hounds to handle. folks have been training their hounds with shock and beep long before garmin had it. i miss my old hounds who would come to the beep of my truck horn but most of them i have now know to come when i call them by name.