SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    THE WINDS OF CHANGE

GOOD A.M. !! AS THE LAST COUPLE OF DAYS HAVE CAME AND GONE,THE ONE THING THAT KEEPS POPING UP IN MY MIND IS THIS.TIMES HAVE REALLY CHANGED !!GONE ARE THE DAYS WHEN MEN WENT HUNTING AS A GROUP WITH THE GROUP BEING THE MAIN REASON MOST WENT HUNTING!! THE MEN I HUNTED WITH AS A CHILD NEVER WOULD HAVE DREAMED OF SITTING IN A TREE BY THEMSELVES TO HUNT A DEER !! NO SIR !! WE HUNTED AS A GROUP !! WE ATE AS A GROUP !! WE HELPED EACH OTHER !!LONG AFTER DEER SEASON WAS GONE !! WHEN THE DAY WAS OVER WE WENT AND DRESSED DEER AS A GROUP !! AND EACH MAN LEFT WITH A PIECE OF MEAT TO TAKE HOME !!! NOW THESE DAYS I HAVE MEET MANY PEOPLE WHO SAY "YOU ARE RUNNING "MY" DEER OFF" REALLY ?? PEOPLE BUY LAND THAT BUTTS UP TO YOUR CLUB AND THE WAY IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN CHANGES !!! WORDS LIKE "I DONT WANT THEM HOUNDS ON MY LAND"
    "MY LAND" NOW THERE IS A NEW THOUGHT !! THE ONE THING THAT I CAN PROMISE YOU IS THIS,WHEN YOU ARE LAYED UP AT THE FUNERAL HOME,YOUR LAND ANIT YOURS ANYMORE,BUT BECAUSE YOU ARE BENT ON NOT WANTING "YOUR DEER"TO BE RUN OFF, YOU LOBBY AND BRING LAWSUITS ABOUT AND YOU WIN !! SO YOU HAVE CHANGED A WAY OF LIFE THAT HAS OUT LASTED YOU FOR 100'S OF YEARS SO YOU CAN HAVE YOUR WAY FOR JUST A SHORT WHILE. HUNTING TODAY IS MORE ABOUT THE KILLING OF A BIG BUCK THAN IT IS ABOUT THE JOY THAT COMES FROM A BUNCH OF MEN EJOYING GOD'S CREATION TOGETHER!!! SO KEEP DREAMING YOU OWN THIS OR THAT !! I TELL YOU WHAT!!! DONT PAY THE TAXES ON "YOUR LAND" AND SEE WHAT "YOU" OWN !!!PEOPLE TODAY ARE MISERABLE !! VERY SELDOM DUE I MEET A PERSON THAT IS FULL OF JOY !!! I CAN TELL YOU WHY !! MOST HAVE A VOID IN THEM THE SIZE OF THE GRAND CANYON !!! SO INSTEAD OF FILLING IT WITH WHAT IT SHOULD BE FILLED WITH !! THEY FILL IT WITH MATERIAL THINGS THAT WILL NOT STAND THE TESTS OF TIME ETERNAL !!!! THESE ARE MY THOUGHTS AND MINE ALONE!!! I DUE NOT WISH TO DEBATE THEM OR TO GO BACK AND FORTH WITH YOU IF YOU DISAGREE !!! IF YOU DONT LIKE WHAT I AM SAYING JUST PASS ME BY !! KINDA LIKE TURNING THE CHANNEL ON THE T.V.

JUST ONE OLE BOY THINKING OUT LOUD!!!!!

LATER !!!
    MLM

Re: THE WINDS OF CHANGE

Good food for thought great post

Very well put. Feel the same way. Great post.....

Attitudes like yours are exactly why your beloved sport is dying a slow death.

Me Stevens
    I believe it is attitudes like yours thats killing our sport. He only stated that there are more people in this sport (hunting) that are self centered and greedy. And that there are less that are hunting for the enjoyment of the outdoors and fellowship of the other hunters. I don't know and Mr Mitchell but I also agree with a lot of what he said in the post above.

Mr. Stevens, everything this country is built upon is dying a slow death.

Re: MR STEVE STEVENS

SIR YOU MADE MY POINT !! "YOUR SPORT" I AM NOT GOING TO GET IN A PEEING CONTEST WITH YOU SIR !! BECAUSE A QUICK SEARCH SHOWS YOU ARE A SUNDAY HUNTING POSTER FROM VA.!! I LIVE IN EASTERN N.C. NOT VA !!! THIS IS WHAT I KNOW AND ALL I KNOW IS WHAT I KNOW. 40 YEARS AGO I HAD NEVER SEEN A TREE STAND!! 40 YEARS AGO WE FEED CORN TO THE HOGS!! 40 YEARS AGO WE KILLED DEER NOT "BIG BUCKS"!!40 YEARS AGO I HAD NEVER SEEN A TV SHOW ABOUT HUNTING IT WAS PASSED ON BY YOUR GRAND PA!! 40 YEARS AGO I COULD HUNT ANYWHERE I WANTED TOO !! 40 YEARS AGO IF YOU DIDNT HAVE A DOG BOX THE HUNTING CLUB FINED YOU EXTRA MONEY !! 40 YEARS AGO ONLY THE HUNT CLUB LEASED LAND !!! YOU SIR TELL ME WHO IS KILLING MY SPORT !!! THE ONLY CHANGE I SEE POINTS STRAIGHT AT YOU AND YOU TELLING ME HOW I AM KILLING A SPORT THAT HAS SEEN EVERYTHING UNDER THE SUN CHANGE !!! DONT PEE DOWN MY BACK AND TELL ME IT IS RAINING !!!
    AND PLEASE DONT THINK THAT WHEN I HANG MY HOUNDS UP THAT I AM JUMPING IN YOUR BOAT !! NO SIR !! IF SHOOTING LIVE STOCK IS A SPORT I WILL BUY SOME GOATS !!! AND A AUTOMATIC FEEDER !!! TO MAKE IT SHORT STILL HUNTING HAS CHANGED MY SPORT AND STILL HUNTING ALONE WILL KILL IT !! IT IS THE ONLY THING THAT I HAVE SEEN CHANGE IN 40 YEARS !!!! I HOPE I MADE THIS CLEAR !!IF I SOUND LIKE I AM INTOLERANT YOU HAVE GOT IT RIGHT !!! DO I RESPECT ALL THOSE THAT HUNT AROUND OUR LEASE ? YES !!! WE HAVE ALWAYS BEEN THE EXTRA MILE TO MAKE SURE EVERY KIND OF HUNTER OR LAND OWNER WAS WELCOME AND RESPECTED AROUND US !! 99% OF THE FOLKS THAT HUNT AROUND US ENJOY OUR COMPANY !! BUT ONE BAD APPLE ON EITHER SIDE OF THIS FENCE MAKES THE BUNCH BAD !!!

MLM

Steve Stevens, another keyboard cowboy that just doesn't understand our sport and herritage. This is a dog hunting site and am very tired of the negative comments. I'm sure before this post is done, the other keyboard cowboy will show up saying the same mess.

MLM, very well stated my friend!!!! 2 excellent post!!! If we could only turn back the hands of time on some things.

Must be a hateful person to troll a board that he doesn't have anything to do with to stir the pot.Good post MLM!

Great post mlm. Just waiting on rutherfords smart repetive comment. Surprised he hasn't chimed up yet. Can't understand why these antis come on here to argue....stay off if you don't like what you're reading.

Great post MLM ! It's not just happening in North Carolina or the east coast. We are in a battle here in Louisiana fighting to be able to run hounds on National Forest land. We are currently in federal court of appeals in New Orleans. As of today we have spent 38,084.00 in lawyer fees not counting what we spent on a lobiyest to help us in Washington, D.C . Then we have weyrhauser timber company informing all of North Louisiana Hunting lease this week that this upcoming hunting season will be the last for deer dog hunting on there land. If we lose the court decision & if we cant get weyrhauser to reverse there decision it will be the end of dog hunting in Louisiana.

MLM you have always been so graceful with your speech... Its been along time since we met and I,ve enjoyed our conversations the whole time. Its easy to see eye to eye with you. I hope I get to completely raise my second daughter the way I did my first. In the woods, at the breaking pens, fishing, at the dog pens and so on. I,m feeding pups this summer just for my 3 year old to grow up with and that my friend is priceless. Its amazing when you start taking God out of your government, schools, homes, and generations you end up with snubs, gays, haters, and empty people with an short term agenda. God bless the Houndsman!

Mr.Mitchell,
    Very well said. I too share your passion for this sport, as do many others on this site for all of the reasons you described. It is not things that bring me pleasure but the experiences I have and those I share it with. Thank you for sharing your insights.
    John Morse

Mr. Mitchell, great choice of words...well put! I'm with you 110%! I'm an avid hound hunter; I to enjoy time in a stand with bow or muzzle loader in my hand; I don’t agree with Sunday hunting just my opinion. We as hound hunters have to stand together more now than ever to win this fight, and that fight is our heritage to pass along this great sport that we all love and enjoy to our kids, family, and friends. Like Mr. Hollingsworth stated in Louisiana they are very close to losing their right to hunt deer with dogs, wow this is not good, seems like the anti’s are slowly chipping away at our “Rock” and that rock is our heritage to hunt with hounds! More now do we need to unite as "sportsman", bowhunters, muzzle load hunters, rabbit, bear, fox, coon, so on....because don’t think for one min the anti’s will stop at hound hunting!!! They get through with us they are coming for the still hunters next…count on that.

MLM

Amen Brother. Couldn't agree more. AND THE THINGS OF EARTH WILL GROW STRANGELY DIM, IN THE LIGHT OF HIS GLORY AND GRACE. Me and one my buddies were just talking about this the other day. I think somewhere along the line we forgot about being fishermen of men.

MLM FOR PRESIDENT!!!

Im gonna get me a HogHead campaign button to wear on my Bear Grass Tuxedo!

Very well spoken MLM, that Stevens guy probly hunts with that guy in red truck , the one said he got his hunting dog from , Big A, MLM or John Foster , don't really remember , fishing Lol , anyway MLM very good reading.

Fred...that made my day ! Cant believe you remembered that mess ! LMBO ! That was some of Big A and MLM's trash talk ! Still laughin ! Good hunting Fred!

John Foster