SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    East Coast Hollywood (2/28/2000-4/24/2013)

Birth brings us "new" beginning and the start to the celebration of life, whereas, death brings us reflections and rememberance of our journey through life. Well, it has been a remarkable and enjoyable journey and I'm glad he has been a part of my life. Today, April 24, 2013, East Coast Hollywood passed away in his sleep. He leaves behind many fond memories with everyone that has been associated with this kennel throughout the past 13 years. He and his liter mates have created numerous friendships for me in the world of foxhound field trialing that I hope last me a lifetime. Although this day is sad, I know his is still alive in the blood and pedigrees of hounds all over this country. I will always smile when I think of him.

Re: East Coast Hollywood (2/28/2000-4/24/2013)

CLIFF WE ARE SORRY TO HEAR THIS! HE WAS A GREAT HOUND AND WILL BE MISSED.

Sorry for your loss Cliff.

Man Sorry to hear this. He has produced a lot of nice hounds that in turn have produced a lot of nice hounds. Remember the great Times he has contributed too.

Larry

Thumbs up, not because he is gone...........but for what he contributed to fox hounds!!!

Cliff I am sorry for you loss. He will go down in history as a great hound and producer. Definitely one of the best in history

I would have to say hollywood is basically how me cliff and tony met. Still friends to this day, cliff even came to my wedding last yr with his wife in cancun mexico with me! My knl is completely full of east coast blood and glad it is, all bc of hollywood. Truely a legend in fox hunting history was hollywood. I have 2 really nice male stud dogs in my knl right now, one is out of hollywood the other is out of dylan!

chris

Cliff sorry to hear of the old mans passing.Iknow he will be greatly missed.Sure wont be the same not seeing him at the kennel.But his legacy will carry on forever.

Sorry to hear this, Cliff. Truly a great hound.

Sorry for your loss. Hollywood was the start of some truly legendary hounds for East Coast Kennels and around the field trailing world!

CLIFF sorry to hear of this he sire some nice hounds.

Cliff...Thanks for the text letting me know about Hollywoods passing. Hollywood turned many heads at field trials with his looks and move and was a worthy Champion! He has certainly made his mark in the Fox hunting / Field trailing world that's for sure. I was very proud of being a member of East Coast Kennels and still think of the good times hunting with you,Tony and Justin. Again sorry for your loss.

Sorry to hear about this cliff he will always be remembered of one of the nices hounds around

Sorry for your loss cliff he was a very fine hound

Sorry for ur loss of a fine producing hound cliff, as he is truly a legend in the fox hound world

Sorry for your loss Clif.

I remember breeding Float to him and liking the pups so much I went back and did it again.

I am now running great grand pups off of him and this cross. Doesn't seem possible, but it is.

He was arguably the greatest sire of the past decade.

Cliff I sure hate to hear about ole Hollywoods passing. there has been a many good hounds off him. I know as far as my breeding program it starts with Hollywood for me. some of the best hounds i have ever owned have been off Hollywood. Hollywood will surly be missed in the foxhunting world, but with all the great hounds he's produced we might can get by but there will none like Hollywood. I sure do feel for you people may just may consider him a hunting dog but some dogs become life companions.

Benji Hilburn

Sorry Clif, Hollywood will never be forgotten at our house! My dad and I flipped a coin at your kennel over Repo (my pick) and Hollywood (dads pick) and sure am glad dad won. It was where Allstate came to be, one of my most favorite hounds I have owned....

I actually judged him in I think was his first field trail, along with his mates they dominated from where I was standing!! Sorry for your loss!I just lost my yard dog Sunday, he was 17 years old and he was my buddy! He passed off some genes in the neighborhood as well, my neighbors just might not have liked it?

very sorry mr cliff for the passing of Hollywood. I had the pleasure of not only watching several hounds that went back to him, but also getting to own and run hounds off of him thanks to you. He will forever be remembered as one of the best producing hounds and best hounds to put a mark on the fox hunting world.

God bess,

Bobby Smith

There is really nothing else to for me say that hasn't been already been said about this great hound passsing. I know Hollywood was the very reason Monkey and I got into this sport and im sure he started a few other kennels as well. He will be missed but not forgotten.

Clif, Hollywood was the man for a long time. Glad I copied the pic of you, Dylan, & Hollywood a few months ago. I posted it on my Roto Track web site. Everything changes and you have others making that change.....Take care.

Clif, you called it right Saturday at the puppy hunt. What a great hound and producer of great hounds. I want never forget that year at the Peach State when I showed Hollywood and won the show. He put on a clinic in the field too winning the speed and drive. I remember it was the last day and 30 minutes to go in the field trial and a pack of about 40 head were coming in a roar, a grey fox crossed between the camp and the main gate and ole Wood was leading the race!! Lenny Crowe took his hat off and through it to the ground and said " that dam #10 dog has kicked our butt for 3 days in a row!!" Some great memories for sure...

Cliff,

I am very sorry to hear about your loss. I know he will be missed greatly. One thing is for sure, his offspring are still getting it done inside and outside the wire. Let his legacy live on.

Hollywood will be missed by many , especially myself. I have been able to be in the kennel for the last 5 years and enjoyed every min of it. Hollywood is known for his looks , brains and his class to motivate his game to the fullest an has pasted it down through many generations. If the rules were as they are now Hollywood would be even more CHs.
    Thanks Clif for allowing me to be apart of such a great hounds journey.

RIP CH. East Coast Hollywood

Cody
    ECK

Sorry for your loss Clif. Thirteen years, that is like losing a family member.

Be Good!

"Birth brings us "new" beginning and the start to the celebration of life, whereas, death brings us reflections and rememberance of our journey through life."

Dag on Edgar Alan Poe, you poet. Sorry to hear about your loss Clif.

Be Good!

Jeffrey

Sorry for You and Codys loss yesterday Clif. I know Cody has enjoyed the time with you and him.
    Almost all of my hounds are out of Hollywood or go back to him!

Randy

Clif.....sad news...but he will long be remembered for his accomplishments & as one of the greatest producers in foxhunting history!

One of Marilyn's favorite pictures is the one of she & Hollywood, when we visited with you!

I can say his bloodline contributed to two champions residing here at Hound Holler Kennels, thanks to you, Hollywood, & Tara.

And many other champions from all across the country can be attributed to the "Ol Man"!! He will long be remembered!!

RIP: East Coast Hollywood

Allan Bishop
    (Jabber Jaw)

Cliff Sorry to heard about East Coast Hollywood. I remember the first time I saw him at a field trail at Hallsboro, N.C. I know right then that is what I want to breed Majesty to. I still got the picture of him when we went your kennel.

SORRY TO HEAR HE IS GONE, OUR BEST DOGS, WHINO, FLEX, THRILLER AND BILLIE JEAN WERE OFF OF CLAYTON'S JOANN, THAT WAS OFF OF HOLLYWOOD, AND NOW WE ARE CARRYING ON THE NEXT GENERATION WITH PUPS OFF WHINO AND FLEX.

Sorry for your loss Clif he was a hell of a hound and producer.

I am sorry for your loss. loosing a special hunting dog is never easy no matter what age you are.

Cliff I can only echo what others have said. Cliff Parker and East Coast Kennels have been great ambassadors for field trialing and hunting. I also want to thank you for a great presentation you did on conformation and showing at the youth hunt at Old 74. I believe every one who shows or judges should be required to watch the presentation you gave. I believe Hollywood will go down as one of the best sires ever. No I know he is!
    Sorry for the, lose but life goes on and you my friend have been very fortunate and deserving to own the fine hounds you have owned.
    You can only look at life looking backwards, but only live it looking forward. I know my friend East Coast kennels will live it looking forward.
    I will close with this the good Lord just got one Hell of a good fox hound!

Heck of a run.

Clif we ran great-grand pups off of him today, sorry for your loss

Clif,

Heros are remembered; legends live forever!

A good dog will always have dogs to remember him by.

Sorry to hear about Hollywood but he has had a great life.

Awesome post well said!

We were very sorry to hear that Hollywood had died. We have enjoyed running hounds off of him or through his line. One of our best gyps was by Hollywood.