SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    View Entire Thread
    Re: Fox Preserves are Closing in North Carolina

Just an idea to add on to what Allen Bass said, but wouldn't a company like Garmin have some interest in this?? They have probably made more money from dog hunters in the last few years than anyone...

Post the pens that support the cause and the pen owners assocation and lets support only those pens.I Dont think that is too much to ask.my check will be in the mail. GREAT POST Terry

i have a check on the way

The solution to this problem is simple money! This is a problem that will not go away this year or 20 years from now. We have an image problem, and I guarantee you if you didn’t hunt or field trial and saw what they are saying, and showing in their ads you would join right in with them. The problem is ignorance these people for the most part have no idea where an egg comes from. We go to Food Lion and buy them, right! We have to come up with a plan that will not only work this year but year after, after year. I purpose a plan that the pen’s pay a minimum of $100.00 or $1.00 per acre which ever is greater this year, and to increase each year to a maximum of $2.00 per acre, minimum of $200.00 each year. I also believe that everyone who field trials in NC should have to pay a $20.00 membership each year. We should create a list of f pens that are members and boycott all pens that are not members. This would also include pens that only train puppies. Heck lets get the Chase and Horn involved and ask that they not publish any hunt results from pens that are not members. If there are no pens there is no Horn or Chase. Guy’s there has been very little parti****tion from most hunters and pen owners in trying to preserve our sport, but its time for all to get in or we will all be out!
    Just an Old Fat Mans opinion!

IM FOR ALL THESE GREAT IDEAS BUT I THINK WE NEED A COMMITTIEE AND A LEADER NOT 5 OR 6 ASSCO 3 OTHER WANNA BEES THE RULE MAKERS AND THE RULE BREAKERS WE SPINNING OUR WHEELS..WE NEED LEADER SHIP OF JUST A FEW AND A VOTE FROM ALL OF US...NOBODY HAS A CLUE WHOS DOING WHAT OR WHEN ...ONE MANS VOICE BUT THOUSANDS BACKING HIM.........................................NOW WEVE GONE TO JUMPING ON EACH OTHER THERE ARE COON ASSCO...BEAGLE...FOWL DOGS BIRD DOGS WE COULD BE BOUT AS STRONG AS OUR OPPONETS....MORE MONEY AND INFLUNCE...I JUST MET A NEW GUY WHO IS PRES OF A ASSCO IN STATESVILLE WHO WROTE A VERY DETAIL LETTER TO HIS PAPER READ IT...........http://www.hickoryrecord.com/statesville/opinion/article_4fe6167e-55e2-11e2-bde1-0019bb30f31a.html

TC,great post!!My money on the way! Just a little confused on why we don't see more names up here from our way?!

Ray great post. I like the idea you ask the hunter to pay a $20 membership and then ask the pen owner to pay a $1/acre or $1000 but the problem is the pen owner is gonna go up on hunt fees to cover that $1/acre or $1000. So in the end it will be us hunters funding everything. Not saying hunters shouldn't do their part but there are others who benefit from our sport and our money. So everyone needs to do their fair share not just everything on the backbone of the hunters!

IDEA!

Since we are all grown men. Lets stop handing out 15 to 20 trophies at every hunt. Hunters really just want to see their name or dog on the results page anyway. 3 to 4 hundred dollars up in smoke at every hunt which equals tens of thousands of dollars per year when you add all of the hunts up.. Give top 3 and let that other money go toward the cause. Pen owners cannot do this alone boys. Most pens are lucky to break even. Do some math on this and you will see just how much money I'm talking about.... NORTH CAROLINA-JUST SAY 30 FOX PENS THAT HOLD HUNTS. 6 HUNTS PER YEAR GIVING OUT 20 TROPHIES AT $300 PER HUNT. EQUALS $54,000.00. THIS IS A VERY LOW BALL ESTIMATE. DID NOT INCLUDE ALL THE OUTSIDE HUNTS. DEER TRIALS. ECT.......

Re: IDEA!

Roy i agree it would be better spent keeping the sport alive & the pens open than a bunch of trophies & plaques collecting dust in the barn. The tick tock is the only trophy people care about anyway. Its all about getting your name called.

Re: IDEA!

Is the lobbyists that the pen association is paying the "NC sporting dog Association" Lobbyists? the McCleese's? Was just wondering I am a member of NC running hound association, Eastern NC fox hunters association, and NC sporting Dog association. Was just wondering is all the money being spent as one front being united or are we paying several lobbyists?

Yes Jeremy it will always be the consumer who pays for the increase in cost in any business. Look at gas ,milk, insurance, and anythig you use, it has all gone up. Pen owners for the most part have done a great job holding cost for the hunter down.

Check will be mailed.

Marlowe you are right we do need people with integrity and the over all support from all to lead us. It is however impossible to find one group that can handle all the issues that concern us. There are a multitude of concerns and problems that no one Group, or person’s can deal with. This is why I support any and all that I can that involves any kind of hunting. It is obvious that we have to do something now but I think donations are just that and for the most a one time deal. We need long term commitment and leadership. We have to get together and act now!

Don't worry guys! Harvey Tyndall posted that his check is on the way!

Dog food manufactures, Tractor Supply, Pet Meds, Revival, etc, etc, etc. These folks have deep pockets and should support the sport the way we support them. Companies all over the country sponsor all types of sports teams, write it off on taxes as advertisement, etc. Why not a national fund for the "Fox Hunters Association of America"? Money can be used in any state that is being threatened by the idots that are trying to shut the pens down. I agree there needs to be organization, a committee, and not only hunters on the committee, but educated committee members that can fight for all of us. There are quite a few smart, educated, influential hunters in fox hunting.