SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    View Entire Thread
    Re: QUESTION........

Mr. Speeddog Policeman, the Va. State already requires any State member Associations and Affliliation members to donate a $1 per hound to aid in the fight. This was started last year.I do understand some pen owners are no longer paying their owners Association as there is a number of differences among the owners. I think some owners feel its there way or no way. It only seems logical that Pen Owners, Pen Hunters, Outside Hunters and all Hunters regardless of there game would show a lot more force to Politicians if you have strong voting power rather than think paid Lobbist can do it all. Its my understanding that the Governing body of Pen Owners do not even wish to have the Virginia Hunting Dog Alliance involved in their fight. But I can personally tell you as I witnessed every meeting at the State Capitol last year that it was very few pen owners represented in the strong showing of Orange Capped Individuals that showed up in force to ward off the first round of fights to close the pens. i will give Davy Hackett credit for his time and effort spent knocking on doors, but it is ridiculous if he thinks he can do it by himself.

The VaHDA appreciates the acknowledgement that it is everyones responsibility to support this fight. We have asked the Pen Owners Association to add a $1.00 charge per dog to help support us in the fight. That went no where. I have contacted many businesses around Va. that profit from our sport to step up to their responsibility and financially support us. Carter Garnett and Strohman Industries are two that have. We have well known people within our own state that repair tracking collars, sell dog supplies, sell dog food, provide Vet care. make dog boxes etc that will not even join the Alliance much less donate money to support the fight. We have over 700 hunts clubs on our web site that have claimed allegence with the VaHDA but only about 50 or so have come forward and made the commitment to become annual sponsors. How many clubs are there in Va.? How many private kennels have never giving a dime to the fight? How many clubs will survive if we lose the right to hunt with dogs?
    We all own this fight! It's not just this year, or last year - it is every year that we continue to hunt with dogs. From now, until the very end. The question is - how soon do you want the end to be?

They are getting exactly what they want people pointing fingers at each other they done same thing in commerical fishing turned everybody against each other to break pound nets an gill net an crab pots etc different groups of it just like hunting what im trying to say is we better stick together as one big group.We are strong group we need to talk to dog food companys let them know fence companys tritroncis companys ceder chip companys anything that pertains to this sports because there alot of jobs a risk if this sport shuts down.We need to have person from each county to represent this matter that informs people on whats going on that way we are organized alot of time it just take one point getting across to the right one.Im willing to do what ever it takes to win.
    Thanks Stan Tynch 252 333 7419

good post stan....i agree 100 percent with this post its alot more than one locality dealing with our sport we need to consider everything involved and make everyone aware of this issue.

This is a great idea. The VA Outside beagle assoc. has already been donating 1$ per dog for years. Also the newly formed VA foxbeagle assoc. Has been doing the same. Both assoc. donate the money to the VA hunting dog alliance.

Thank you Allan for your question and post. As a representative of the Virginia Foxhound Training Preserve Owners Association I would like to clarify and state a few corrections and statements. The Association has 27 members out of the 38 operational preserves in Virginia that have paid their dues. Not all the preserves in Virginia host hunts. Some are not large enough or simply choose not to do so. These preserves are open to the public to exercise and train their hounds. One idea could be to collect $1.00 per hound for the hounds that are only run in the preserves for training. The down side of this is I hate to throw more expense to the hunters. Stating that the owners association is not taking part in collecting the $1.00 per hound is not correct. I know for a fact there are numerous preserve owners that have made that mandatory starting this year for every hunt that is held at their preserve, not to mention the many preserves that donated $1.00 per last year. Again, not all preserves in Virginia host hunts. You just don't know how much the association appreciates these donations and hard work to get this done by all. The association is paying a lobbyist every month and in order to keep this up we need funds. Not only funds to pay the lobbyist but we need some cushion in order to promote ads and other types of publicity when needed.

As far as the owners association fighting this battle alone??? I would hope that would not be the case. As far as the association is concerned, that is not the case. First, without the preserve owners using their money and resources to construct and maintain the preserves, there would not be any. But most importantly, if it were not for the hunters that help support the preserves by running hounds, we could not stay in operation. We know the importance of the hunters help and input and we welcome it! Again, this attack is not only on the preserves, but hunting with hounds in general! Please everyone remember that.

I am not sure what the public's perception is on what has been stated as a lack of parti****tion from the preserve owners. As we all know with anything you do, you cannot get everyone to parti****te, but you can feel assured that the preserves owners that are members are concerned and keep abreast of the issues. I know for a fact that Davy Hackett has never intended to fight this battle alone, the association knows the importance of the support from the other hunting dog alliances, associations, hunt clubs and hunters. I am sorry if there are some that feel this way. There is always a leader in every battle but without the troops, the battle is lost, so you see my point.

The association is working very hard in the background to make sure we are prepared for the next battle. Just because you don't always hear from us does not mean we are not doing anything. Sometimes, in order to have a plan, that plan needs to remain low key. The last thing we all need is to split the troops. So really, does any certain association or group have to have the "credit" for work done or a voice heard in this battle???? The attack right now is publicly being directed towards the preserves, so, the preserve owners will be fighting this fight, but, we need everyones support and help! We need to take advantage of web sites like this one to help in this endeavor. So thank you Allan for all you do. I do not like to see Allan's question getting turned in to a bashing section for any one or any group! Our hunting rights are in jeopardy and once one battle is won the opponents will move on to the next means of making hunting with hounds in Virginia extinct. Please, we need everyone's help and support and all efforts are greatly accepted and appreciated. The association does plan on keeping everyone informed as news comes our way. Thanks again everyone.

Michele

Michele, thanks for your help. I delivered some very good data on Monday which he was very impressed with. Lets hope it opens some eyes and makes a difference.

Michele,
    Please give me a call , I want to start off with a $100.00 donation.I also want to see others do the same. These people against us are not playing.

Cody i believe the nc pens who are in the assoc will soon be reviving that $1 a dog. I believe that all nc hunters who run in pens should support those pens who are members of the pen owners assoc and get the ones who arent onboard. We have all had a lazy winter but as usual when the fire starts we ALL must come together to put it out for good.