SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

Hunts and Hunt Results
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    Derby Hunt @ Little Forreston Results!!

We had a great hunt this past Saturday. 58 hounds were cast at our Derby hunt at Foreston Fox Run (the small pen in Manning); just two shy of our 60 hound limit. As I’m sure everyone was aware….it was “dog” gone hot. I know by 7:00 I was already about to sweat to death. Thanks to all the hunters who came to brave the heat instead of going to the lake or staying in the air conditioning. We had a great group of hounds to judge. Even with as hot as it was, only 6 hounds were scratched after the 5 hours was up. The hounds for the most part stayed in two very large packs, and the fight for the front was on!! Unlike our last hunt, the scoring was much more wide spread instead of just 2 or 3 hounds blowing it away. We had a great group of judges who worked extremely hard to get all the scoring possible. They were Kevin Kittrell, Mike Gay, Michael Way, Trey Whitton, Alisha Whitton, Drew, Chris Whitton, Stephanie, Davy Jones, Arnold Jones and myself. Thanks to Alisha for tallying scores every hour for me, and to Kevin, Mike, and Arnold for helping me figure scores. A big thanks to Richard Evans for a fantastic place to hold the hunt. The game was awesome and we had continuous running for the entire hunt.

Congratulations to our placing hounds…..they deserved it in a really tough hunt.

1st w/ 495 pts. Tony’s Shorty (Mitchel’s Red Ryder X Mitchel’s Gypsy) Tony Griffin

2nd w/ 445 pts. P.M.’s Pearl (Not given) Poole’s Mill Kennel

3rd w/ 380 pts. Hank’s Gone Country (Kidd’s Gone Famous X Kidd’s Little Bit) C&S
    Kennel

4th w/ 375 pts. Deas’ Tootsie (Southeast Maverick X Southeast Shadow) Robert Deas

5th w/ 355 pts. Wood Duck (Not given) Smoke Train Kennel

6th w/ 345 pts. P.M.’s Fight, Poole’s Mill Kennel

7th w/340 pts. Willie, Bo Craven

8th w/ 325 pts. Keep’em White Gunslinger, Keep’em White Kennel

9th w/ 315 pts. Deas’ Buckshot, Robert Deas

10th w/ 300 pts. Parrot, Smoke Train Kennel

11th w/ 290 pts. Preston’s Freebie, Bo Craven

12th w/ 290 pts. Joseph’s Boo Boo II, Keep’em White Kennel

13th w/ 285 pts. Jewel, BB&D Kennel

14th w/ 285 pts. Barkley, Jimmy Clark

15th w/ 270 pts. Titan, Neal Van Cleave

Classiest Hound—Dea’s Tootsie, Robert Deas