SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

Hunts and Hunt Results
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    We won a round today, many more rounds to come

I want to follow up on the big push we made last week to stop Sen. Don Davis' Commercial Breeders Bill Senate Bill #460 in the Sen. Commerce Committee. It was bad! They gave the animal rights vet extra time to speak & cut me off after 2 minutes. During the little time we did get to speak, Senators snickered and giggled. They quickly voted the bill out favorably with barely a "no" vote to be heard. Ouch! But remember the bill has to go through the Sen. Finance Committee & 2 votes on the Senate floor before it can pass to the House (where we hope to kill it.) Some people were told the bill "passed" and thought it had become law. NO! It is not the law & we are fighting to keep it from becoming law. In the meanwhile, today we defeated HB#1206 which was supported by HSUS. HB#27 Euthanasia passed only after deep revisions & HSUS was deleted from the bill. Thanks for your continuing interest and support. The next big bill fight will be the tethering bill SB#695. It has not yet been calendared, but must be heard in Senate Judiciary I. If you have questions, email me! Thanks again. More later, Henri McClees