SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

Hunts and Hunt Results
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    have hunts for the sport

To those people who put on hunts for the sport and not just for the money or to get a trophy I thank you, but we have groups out here who are having hunts just to make money and give 200 numbers out and now there is a limit on how many dogs they can have and then when u show up to run your dogs they turn u away because they have reach there limit , then u have some groups who have the hunts and put there dogs in it and there dogs place in the top 10 , lets stay honest guys and so some respect before it gets out of hand

Re: have hunts for the sport

Let me see if I can help clarify the issue with giving out 200 numbers, then only letting a set amount run. The state game commission sets the number of dogs allowed to run by law in a certain pen. Normally only about 60% of the numbers given out for any field trial actually show up. So to be sure you have a full hunt, you have to give out more numbers then the pen actually allows. If you cut it off at the pen limit, you only get about half of the dogs allowed, and you have a slim hunt.

I agree with you, those that put the hunt on should not have any dogs in the hunt. Anybody involved in setting up the hunt should not have dogs in the hunt.

It’s difficult to make everybody happy, but as long as we all do our best and play by the rules, that’s the best we can do!