SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

Hunts and Hunt Results
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    C&M 2 Day Derby Results

C&M 2 Day Derby
    July 25th & 26th
    by Lonnie Ward

Well the C&M 2 day Derby will last a long time. It created a lot of good memories that will last for years. Even though it was a very busy time the last 2 days it was worth it. We had a first class group of hunters, good fellowship and I think from the smiling faces the hunters enjoyed the hunt to. I heard a lot of the judges say it was one of the best group of hounds they had judged in a long time. Forty Six derby hounds qualifying for the Chase Test of the Best. It was good to see everyone having a good time playing ball and corn hole on Friday evening before the bench show.
    We also had a good turn out for the pig picking. Thanks again to Randy McGovern with Showtime and Mike Carr with Pride for their contributions. It was good to see Mike Carr getting around again. He came by and visited on Friday.
    We are blessed to have such a good dependable group of judges. Kevin Howell our Master of Hounds will go an extra mile to make sure things are done right. Thanks Kevin and thanks to all the judges who did outstanding jobs and they were: Dwight Little, Kevin Howell, Brad Howell, Tommy McLamb, Curt Arnette, Butch Howell, Bill Holden, Dakota Holden, Trevor Norris, Rachel Fowler,Grant Hoff, Craig Shingleton, Charles Southernland, Chad Johnson, Gene Larrimore, & Tommy Carter.
    Thank you Dwight Little , Bench Show Judge and Tommy McLamb, Ring Master for a fine Job . Thanks Hilda for holding together for two days. I know I put a lot of pressure on you and I have agreed to let you get away for a few days to relax. Thanks again to Hilda and Irene for inputting the scores and Irene for helping with all the pictures and giving me some directions. Four meals and a pig picking is a lot of cooking & cleaning . I could not have handled it without the help of Linda Batten and Gregg.. Thanks for all your help. I know it was hard work and I really do appreciate it.
    Thanks to everyone who helped put this hunt on. You were a great team. Hope to see everyone in two weeks so we can do it again. Congratulations to all the winners.

Results
    Bench Show:

Female:

lst #91 Turdhill Wildfire: Valentine’s Stoney & Haydell’s Patty/ Turdhill & Courtney Knls. Springfield, La.
    2nd #41 Dog Bluff Gail: High Cotton Hercules & Ward’s White Gal/ Dog Bluff Knls, Lenny Crowe, Galivants Ferry, S.C.
    3rd #75 Brittaney: Big Sky Jake and Brunswick Black Cat/ Jamey Starnes , Southport, N.C.
    4th #6 Leggett’s Brownie; Lakehill’s Chilli & Leggett’s Sara/ Craig Leggett, Evergreen, N.C.
    5th #28 Little Girl: Huffman’s Cain & Nelson’s Tonic/ Shipman & Nelson, Leland, N.C.
    6th #7 TMS Morgan : TMS Smokey & TMS Hottie/ TMS Kennels, Lumberton, N.C.
    7th #11 Leggett’s Sandy: Bonner’s Humpy & Leggett’s Molly/ Craig Leggett, Evergreen, N.C.
    8th #251 Smokem Up’s Fancy: Melvin’s General & Melvin’s Dixie/ Smokem Up’s Kennel, Evergreen, N.C.

Male:

1st #17 Easy: Bond’s Big Sky Jake & Ward’s Brenda/ Shipman & Nelson, Leland, N.C.
    2nd #77 King’s Sandman: Ray’s Cowboy C. & Hankin’s Big Red/ Jeremy King, Ash, N.C.
    3rd #90 Dog Bluff Slim Shady: Little’s Tuff & Ward’s Brenda/ Dog Bluff Knls, Lenny Crowe, Galivants Ferry, S.C.
    4th #55 Courtney’s Lil Luke: Wood’s Luke & T&C Windy/ Turdhill & Courtney Knls, Springfield, La.
    5th #60 Hunt’s Lightning : Oxendine’s Show Dog & Oxendine’s Pearl/ Live Action Knls, Red Springs, N.C.
    6th #15 Will’s Rowdey: High Cotton Hercules & Ward’s White Gal./ Will & Pa’s Knls, Cerro Gordo, N.C.
    7th #70 Birch Creek Arnold: Birch Creek Tiny & Droop’s Sunshine/ Rack’em Up Knls, Southport, N.C.
    8th #3 Breann’s Quickie: Kidd’s Gone Famous & Kidd’s Splash/ Breannie Batten, Chadbourn, N.C.

Best in Show # 91 Turdhill Wildfire: Turdhill & Courtney Kennels, Springfield , La.
    Best Opposite Sex # 17 Easy: Shipman & Nelson, Leland, N.C.

HGA

1st #17 Easy: Bond’s Big Sky Jake & Ward’s Brenda/ Shipman & Nelson, Leland, N.C.
    2nd #4 King’s Slide: B&H Ben & Lou’s Molasses/ Jeremy King, Ash, N. C.
    3rd #10 Shake-N-Bake BB: Lakehill’s Chili & Carter’s Mermaid/ Shake-N-Bake Knls, Maxton, NC
    4th #7 TMS Morgan: TMS Smokey & TMS Hottie/ TMS Kennels, Lumberton, N.C.
    5th #20 Stroud’s Thunder: Bond’s Runaway Joe & Stroud’s Haley/ Chad Stroud, Chadbourn, N.C.
    6th #77 King’s Sandman: Ray’s Cowboy C. and Hankins Big Red/ Jeremy King, Ash, N.C.
    7th #14 Turdhill Back Fire : Valentine’s Stoney & Haydell’s Patty / Turdhill & Courtney Knls, Springfield, La.
    8th #75 Birch Creek Brittany: Bond’s Jake & Brunswick’s Black Cat/ Rack Em Up/Manning’s Knls, Rocky Pt.,N.C.
    9th # 12 Turdhill Pumpkin Roller : Turdhill Luke & Turdhill Sissy / Turdhill & Courtney Knls. Springfield, La.
    10th #11 Leggett’s Sandy: ch. Bonner’s Humpy & Leggett’s Molly/ Craig Leggett, Evergreen, N.C.
    11th #6 Leggett’s Brownie/ Craig Leggett
    12th #30 Jordan’s Little Phantom/ Low Life Kennels
    13th #55 Courtney’s Lil Luke/ Turdhill & Courtney Knls.
    14th #79 Birch Creek Lexus/ Rack Em Up/ Mannings Knls
    15th #13 Courtney’s Red Gal/ Turdhill & Courtney Knls.

Best Mouth: # 51 King’s Hi Standard/ Well’s Jody & Carter’s Cricket/ Billy and Jordan King
    Classiest Hound # 91 Turdhill Wildfire/ Valentine’s Stoney & Haydell’s Patty/ Turdhill & Courtney Knls.
    Combination # 17 Easy: Bond’s Big Sky Jake & Ward’s Brenda/ Shipman & Nelson

Re: C&M 2 Day Derby Results

Congrats to shipman & Nelson on the win and to all that placed. Had a good time, enjoyed the running, food, and the way the whole hunt was ran. Mr. Lonnie and his team of judges, cooks,ms Hilda & Irene tallying the scores u all do a great job in making sure everything is done rite the 1st time. We hunters appreciate everything u do for us when we show up @ c&m. Thanks again.
    Tic we enjoyed it hope u come again pa.

Man ol Man!!! If you missed this hunt you missed a dang good one. All of the hunters who were in attendance should be proud. This was as fine a group of hounds as I have seen this year. Thanks to Lonnie Ward for putting on such a first class hunt as always and for having the pen in great shape. OVER TWO TONS of feed was given away!!!! The running never broke down for the two days of the hunt. The first days weather was PERFECT to hold a field trial. I don\\\'t think the temperature went out of the 70\\\'s. Congratulations to Shipman & Nelson on their win with Easy. Easy is a fine hound that I have had the pleasure of judging several times and you should be proud. I have posted several pictures on my Facebook page and there are to many to put on here at once. Feel free to go to my page and view all of the pictures or friend request me on facebook if you are unable to view them. Here are the winners from the hunt.

2nd #4 King’s Slide: B&H Ben & Lou’s Molasses/ Jeremy King, Ash, N. C.
    6th #77 King’s Sandman: Ray’s Cowboy C. and Hankins Big Red/ Jeremy King, Ash, N.C.

3rd #10 Shake-N-Bake BB: Lakehill’s Chili & Carter’s Mermaid/ Shake-N-Bake Knls, Maxton, NC

4th #7 TMS Morgan: TMS Smokey & TMS Hottie/ TMS Kennels, Lumberton, N.C.

5th #20 Stroud’s Thunder: Bond’s Runaway Joe & Stroud’s Haley/ Chad Stroud, Chadbourn, N.C.

7th #14 Turdhill Back Fire : Valentine’s Stoney & Haydell’s Patty / Turdhill & Courtney Knls, Springfield, La.
    9th # 12 Turdhill Pumpkin Roller : Turdhill Luke & Turdhill Sissy / Turdhill & Courtney Knls. Springfield, La.

8th #75 Birch Creek Brittany: Bond’s Jake & Brunswick’s Black Cat/ Rack Em Up/Manning’s Knls, Rocky Pt.,N.C.

10th #11 Leggett’s Sandy: ch. Bonner’s Humpy & Leggett’s Molly/ Craig Leggett, Evergreen, N.C.

11th #6 Leggett’s Brownie/ Craig Leggett
    12th #30 Jordan’s Little Phantom/ Low Life Kennels
    13th #55 Courtney’s Lil Luke/ Turdhill & Courtney Knls.
    14th #79 Birch Creek Lexus/ Rack Em Up/ Mannings Knls
    15th #13 Courtney’s Red Gal/ Turdhill & Courtney Knls.

Here are some of the bench show pictures and other fun pictures. Congratulations to Tic on winning Best In Show.