Return to Website

South Devon Soccer Forum

South Devon Soccer Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Re: game off

Its easy for people on here to have a go at the guys at the SDFL but they do it for us, for free, when they could im sure be doing many other things with their free time.

No-one else stood for election at the beginning of the season for any of the roles but as soon as something goes wrong everyone is jumping on their backs.

If Paul Green got a call and thought about the worse case scenario regards swine flu and calls the game off as a knee jerk reaction, I think that is a knee jerk reaction that a lot of people would make. With it being so late in the week and from what you hear in the press im not surpised his first thought was to call off the game.

I know Ant who is a top lad and does everything by the book and have also had Paul referee us before and from my dealings he is an honest guy obviously some of you on here have an axe to grind but as I say these guys are volunteers who put in a hell of a lot of work for little or no personal benefit and just do what they think is right.

Yes perhaps Paul should hold his hands up if it was an honest mistake and a kneejerk reaction but hey we all make mistakes and i think it was better to be safe than sorry.

My title