General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
2009 MY REVIEW Part 6

POLAND - Poland were shaping up to become one of my all-time favourite ESC countries, but they’ve taken a big step back with this one. This is considerably less than awesome and is the sort of song you actually forget whilst listening to it. Also, she’s clearly the winner of the ‘Lisa Andreas Lack of Charisma Award’.

PORTUGAL - Oh dear. Fanwank to the max. This is just a flat, lacklustre and lifeless song. It really is just six characters in search of a melody and not finding it. The praise heaped on it is totally unjustified.

ROMANIA - For a country that hasn’t had many entries in the ESC, their songs are getting increasingly tired and unoriginal. It suffers from cumulative mediocrity. In other words, there's only so much recycled rubbish you can endure without wanting to take a hostage.

RUSSIA - The song from hell! I hated every second of this train wreck. It actually makes ‘Believe’ look competent by comparison. Anastasiya is so terrible you’ll be praying for a trapdoor to open up underneath her at about 60 seconds in.

SERBIA - It’s rare that a song actually makes me feel ill, but Serbia rises to the challenge. To call this song simply wretched is almost to pay it a compliment and the singer has a face that could poison a reservoir. If I had to make the choice between listening to it again or eating my own leg, I would seriously have to think about it.

SLOVAKIA - Four words….”Why did you bother?”

SLOVENIA - Four more words….”This isn’t a song.”

Re: 2009 MY REVIEW Part 6

All of these are rubbish with only Romania coming anywhere near respectable, but in my opinion, woefully short of their usual quite high standards. And what were the Serbs thinking of? A song about a shoe!!!!