General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Norwegian Fairytale please!

I have become completely obsessed with Alexander Rybak's hopeful "Fairytale" - can't tell you why, is it the overstated dancers or the understated backing singers? No idea ... I just know that if Norway don't pick this then I will be distraught..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nH18HHA9Wdo

I do know that I haven't felt this strongly (in a positive way) about a Norwegian entry since Wig Wam, and you know how well they did *sighs*

Re: Norwegian Fairytale please!

I've listened to it and listened to it and listened to it - but I still don't *get* this.

Maybe I will when I see a live performance.

It does indeed come into its own when performed live. I too was unimpressed, until I actually watched the young rascal do his thing. I tried to resist his charms, but he, and his stage posse, are rather bewitching.

It's got a certain quality, it's different, I like it. Hope Norway sends this to Moscow, it could surprise a lot of people.

I really can't express how much I hate this song

Just seen the live performance of this.

I get it.

I like it.

It's going to do rather well.

And it won over the Norwegian public by a mere 300,000 votes over it's nearest rival

*toodles off to Betfair*

A pretty wide margin bearing in mind a Norwegian census return of about 5 million.

Definitely worth having a chat with Billy Hill if you ask me.

Still doesn't make it any good. Hate it, least favourite selected so far this year