General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Seeing Eurovision Stars In Ordinary Places

Following on about what Jamie said in a previous thread about seeing a bloke in a pub in Liverpool, has anyone ever seen a star of Eurovision doing totally ordinary things.

I am thinking along the lines of Paul Oscar getting a TV licence in the Post Office or Anne Marie David on a cross channel ferry.

Re: Seeing Eurovision Stars In Ordinary Places

I once saw Kate 'Prima Donna' Robbins walking past Dixons/Currys in Birkenhead with some other ladies.

I presume she was shopping, which is quite an ordinary thing to do.

And the bloke from Jemini is a regular sight around Liverpool, either working in Ted Baker for Men on Mathew Street, or out and about in gay pubs and clubs, looking a tad podgier than he did in Riga.

I was staying at the Post House Hotel in Guildford once, and there was a fire alarm early in the morning, all guests had to be evacuated.

Very surprised to see Sam Janus in the car park in full gym gear - i was personally wrapped up in the complimentary towelling robe and nursing a monumental hangover after participating in drinking games the night before with a bunch of executives from a company that made fire engines .... aaaah, the heady days of my youth

Reading mine back, it does sit quite nicely with Jamies, and would lead to the question as to whether anyone has had a "moment" with Lorraine Craig? Or indeed Julie Finney, who came 3rd and 4th respectively in ASFE 1991?

To be surprised I wouldn't know who they were if they bit me on the leg. Would be a bit taken aback if they did though. Perhaps the theme for another thread "Eurovision stars whose teethmarks we have borne".

But let's stick to the one about them doing ordinary things for the moment.

I once entered a lavatory cubicle just as Nikki French was vacating it. In fact the cistern was still flushing.

I'm bending the rules of the game here a bit because this event occured during the annual OGAE bash in B'ham, so it wasn't exactly an Ordinary Place. But she had just performed an Ordinary Bodily Function, so does that count?

Indubitably. Or In-poop-it-a-wee.

I saw Sandra Simo the wifey who sang for Switzerland in '91. We were on a tram in Zurich and she was carrying a Migros shopping bag. Migros is the closest thing you get to Aldi in Switzerland, but they don't sell booze. At least we know that "our Sandy" doesn't take sly swigs when noone's looking.