General Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3
Author
Comment
Encyclopaedia Eurovisica - 2008 Songs Added

Hello,

Just a quick reminder, all the songs from the 2008 ESC Final have now been added to Encyclopaedia Eurovisica (only took me six months, I'm getting quicker).

The first one is 'All Night Long' and the last one is 'Zemren E Lame Peng', but I'll let you find the in-betweens for yourselves...

Jamie Jame

Re: Encyclopaedia Eurovisica - 2008 Songs Added

Splendid! You're a top bloke Mister Mac and no mistaking

Isn't he just! But a question... Are you going to put entries about the songs in the semi finals in the encyclopaedia. Was looking forward to reading what you'd write about San Marino.

Hello Tim,

Demi and Lemmy look after all the semis action. They are working on their 2008 responses, but it may be after Christmas before they go online.

Oke doke! I can imagine Lemmy will be fairly busy baking his Christmas cake and will probably be down the Church Hall doing a couple of flower arrangements.

Sorry to be a pain young Jamie and you can slap me with a tin of cling peaches if we ever meet, but you didn't do country entries for San Marino and Azerbaijan. Now that I know that Andorra invented the door I have no idea how the two latest newcomers have advanced the sum of human knowledge.

I haven't forgot - it's on my to-do list.

Brilliant as ever.

And the "Lidl By Lidl" thing on the advent calendar made me piss myself.

Absolutely! Loved the Lidl thing too! I am surprised that beacon of cheap tat on the edge of Britain's towns hasn't contacted Laura and her lovers to find out if they'd do all their adverts.

After rmourning the lack of Tena Lady in my bathroom cupboard after reading the latter half of the letter E, I have spent a large part of today sitting on a bucket and going through all 26 letters of the alphabet.

I too would love all the semi's entries in there (favourite song of all time Mr Nobody - Slovenia 2006) but Demi and Lemmy gave it a good write up, so I'm not too bovvered

However, there's a little bit of editing that needs doing if you can

As you undoubtedly know, Tose Proeski tragically died in a car crash in October 2007 - can the entry for his song be amended? (Especially as it says that he can spend the rest of his life being thankful ....Oops! )

Thanks for looking

Well reminded! We aim to amuse at Whoops, never to upset. I'll change it right away.

Thanks Anne, much appreciated.

Jame

Jame,

Thanks for doing that so quickly - didn't want to bring a downer onto what is a corker of a site, and has led to many a laugh-out-loud moment since I first stumbled across it last week!

My pleasure, treasure.

Now, my curiosity is aroused - tell us a bit about yourself Anne. The Gossipers at Dot's are always quick to welcome new people who come and play.

Blimey - tis a long time since I've aroused anyone!

Middle aged and Eurovision obsessed I'm afraid. Got a great bunch of peeps to talk about all things Eurovision on the Digital Spy site, but am always on the look out for a different slant on stuff... my thoughts on YCNY on other thread.

I spend the nights of the semi's and the final in a darkened roomed with plenty of cava, and a box of tissues for when my particular favourites put in a good performance and/or drops a note (guaranteed to start me blubbing), but just enjoy it mainly for the spectacle that it is (although I did boo Dima in the semi's from the comfort of my upholstery).

Favourites ever would be the French/Luxembourg entries of the '70's, and I netted myself a nice little obsession with Anzej Dezan in 2006, Paddy Power still send me a christmas card thanking me for my custom to this day...

I love the irreverend attitude to the contest on here though! And hope I can be a worthy contributor over time

Welcome BBAnne How marvellous. And there was I thinking I was the only female middle-aged Eurovision obsessive west of Tblisi.

Where do you live luv? If it's remotely oop North perhaps you'd like to join us on one of Dot's shindigs...if/when we have another one...and if you're interested I could bring my collection of Damart catalogues.

Hello Anna -- ooooh, Damart, now you've got me juices all excited

I'm in the bump of the land which proudly calls itself East Angular ... a merry little part of the kingdom where we praise Justin Hawkins, and shake a fist at Alan Partridge!

It's a lonely only life being a middle aged female Eurovision obsessive innit? But I soldier on, I watched the 1989 final earlier tonight (I work shifts therefore have no life) and have to say that I think that Eurovision 1989 was the contest that music forgot, especially the mad Turks, possibly my least favourite Eurovision entry ever?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=0Hjjckgd2aI

Anyway - thanks for your welcome, and rest assured I will be a permanent fixture from now on

Now, more than ever, I needed to watch this

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=1jPOT4mP8c8

Oi! you dissing my dad? Bluddy hell, haven't seen that sequence for years ....

Ladies and gents, I bring exciting Eurovision and non-Eurovision related news.

Just back from a smallish night out in Liverpool (hence being home rather early) and in the pub (The Philharmonic, Anna, the one you like with all the wood panels and the little side rooms), who should be on the table next to us but the former Mr Liza Minelli - David Gest! He was there with his mate and looked rather dinky and ordinary in real life. Everyone ignored him for about 40 minutes and then he started posing for pics.

That's my non-Eurovisiony news. The Eurovision-y news is that my mate texted me earlier to say he had gone to see a band and there was a bloke there in a long wig and a leather bandana, acting a bit strangely, and saying he came second in A Song For Europe 1991. Well, Brendan Faye was from Liverpool, but I don't think he was wearing a long wig.

Like you'd want the world to know you came second to *that*

uohdbznujvt

P8pJfm laugjongsxvg, mzkmbfsejstn, [link=http://sgeeyekopngg.com/]sgeeyekopngg[/link], http://lbgqsymurcwd.com/

1 2 3