General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
IRELAND

Can't believe I'm actually saying this but I think the Irish have some very good songs in their NF this year. I really like Donal Skehan's song which sounds like David Civera singing in Melodifestivalen. Leona Daley's song is powerful with a distinct Amy Winehouse feeling to it. I'm surprised how much I like Marc Roberts' song which is remarkably uptempo for him. Don't even mind Maya & Liam's efforts though they look like no-hopers to me. Unfortunately I cannot say the same for the idiotic glove puppet effort. It's as bad as you think and worse than you can imagine. The best thing about it is the closing note when you can breathe a sigh of relief that the torture is over. Someone hand me a gun hand me a gun, so I can put the poor creature out of its misery. The most ridiculous thing is the usual escnation MBers who are wetting their knickers over it whilst at the same time viciously slaughtering Kreisraadio's comedy entry for Estonia. Quelle surprise.

Re: IRELAND

I wasn't too impressed with Dustin, either. I thought it would be tres amusement, in a Zig & Zag sort of way. Never mind.

Its a turkey in more ways than one....

Haven't actually clapped ears on the "song" yet but Ireland's choice has even made the papers here in the Middle East. A half page spread in one of Oman's national English language dailies.

Considered bemusement would best describe the tone of the piece. Ireland's definitely getting the publicity - good luck to them!