General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Will Verka walk it (if that's the right expression)

This is the other gossip - there's one camp saying she will and another saying it's completely over-hyped.

There are a few acts that are really trying to qualify - Belarus, Turkey, Netherland for example. It really showed at the semis rehearsal.

Re: Will Verka walk it (if that's the right expression)

I have a horrible feeling that the head of steam that has built up behind Verka (it's the diet) is unstoppable now alas. In conversation with Mrs K last night we agreed that we'd be delighted with a place near the top for it but please Mr Naef, not the winner in a year with so many fab songs to pick from. Ah well, 38 trannies in 2008...

Re: Will Verka walk it (if that's the right expression)

It could spell the end of any image of the contest of promoting proper music and i will definitely lose interest. There's no way i'm spending loads of money and without accreditation just to see joke entries win when i can stay at home and see it for myeslf and console myself that that wonderful ballad gets to no2.

Ruslana i liked as I did Lordi and i'm not a party pooper however the contest has been infantilised enough in the UK without Verka storming it due to voters who want to keep it as just a fun event and to take the music out of the music.

I think there might be a time when an alternative contest will have to be organised perhaps just on the radio so that all spectacle is forgotten and we come back to how it should be good songs winning.