Frank Kimmel Street Stock Nationals

OFFICIAL FORUM OF FRANK KIMMEL STREET STOCK NATIONALS

Frank Kimmel Street Stock Nationals
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1980 monte carlo or1988 camaro

I'm from NC, I've gone to both bristol and Kentucky this yr. I'm hooked. great show to all the drivers. I'm planning to build a car for the Rockingham 150. I need help in picking the right car. Most cars I saw on the track were metric chassis cars, but camaros are eligible to race the frank kimmel series. with the rules can I tie the chassis together? what would be the advantage or disadvantage of these two cars. Any help would be appreciated. J.D.

Car # 555

Re: 1980 monte carlo or1988 camaro

I DON'T THINK YOU CAN RUN A 1988 CAMARO. I THINK THE LAST YEAR CAMARO FRANK WILL LET YOU CAN RUN IS A 1981. DON'T KNOW, YOULL HAVE TO CHECK WITH FRANK.

Car # 28

Thank you, I wasn't sure. I read the rules and I still see no yr limits on camaro only that they (camaros and firebirds) will be allowed. Thank you before I made an expensive mistake.

Car # 555

The 70-81 camaro is what years you want. they are 108" wheel base. i think the 88 camaros are 105" wheel base, could be mistaken. You can tie the frame together on the camaro. mine is on my car. JUst make sure your exhaust has enough ground clearnce to exit out the right side. let me no if you need some help with anything else on the camaro side.

Car # 34

the front running cars were midsize gm frams cut down to 108 wheelbase thats what franks sons salem car is (ie 77-88 impalas are the easiest to find they have the same gemonetry as a camaro use front spindles off of a big gm if you want 5x5 (i wouldnt advise using a metric chassis !)

I recommend calling Scott at Baker performance,he is one of the best at building these cars.He did a great job on mine.He can be reached at 330-773-0121.Also mine is for sale,77 monte carlo cut down to 108,has the factory motor set back,there for the firewall is in the stock position,best of everything,not cheap though. call frank at 216-509-2519