Frank Kimmel Street Stock Nationals

OFFICIAL FORUM OF FRANK KIMMEL STREET STOCK NATIONALS

Frank Kimmel Street Stock Nationals
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
tubular control arms

I am posting this to gets some opinions.
Wouldn't it be cheaper if we could all run tubular control arms? Maybe just uppers on the front,keep the stock lowers, even use tubular for the rear as well. I would just like to find out everyones opinion, so please be positive. Thanks

Car # 27

Re: tubular control arms

They said you could cut the stock ones to get them like you want them. I think it would be safer to put tubular on the upper. The rest i can live with but if you let them cut and weld on the stock upper then i hope they make sure they will hold up to the stress a a arm goes thru. 135 mph is fast to break steering parts. Then the collapisable steering will be tested.

MR Racing Equipment sells tubular uppers for metric chaasis which has 8 in. length on right and 8.5 in. on left so to get camber without welding and cutting. I just got for my car, my track says we are allowsd to use them and only 49.00 each.

Car # 93

Yes I think we should be allowd tube uppers.
1- its easier to adjust shims becouse its hollow middle.
2- its less weight.
3- its way cheaper, after you strip a parts car, buy new bushings, and install them, you have wasted time and money cutting, hammering, and driving all over the place.

Car # 7

Is there talk of Frank going to a tubular control arm.

I am trying to get opions from people, I would like to go to tubulat control arms on the uppers, it makes alot sense to me, but I wanted to see what other people think. Tubualr Arms are safer and more ecnomical, two things that every racer wants, a better part at a better price.

Car # 27