Frank Kimmel Street Stock Nationals

OFFICIAL FORUM OF FRANK KIMMEL STREET STOCK NATIONALS

Frank Kimmel Street Stock Nationals
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
wheel base rules

i have a 86 camaro race ready for the kimmel races but was not able to run because of wheel base issuses the rules say camaros and firebirds allowed up to 1988 models just wanting to know why i see thunderbirds running in the races and i cant run my car the thunderbirds are the same wheelbase as my camaro and from 89 up come stock with independent rear suspension so can we swith frames or what i seen one of those cars running at this last kentucky race and a couple of older birds at the last kentucky race just wanting to know why i have to build another car while this other cars can run and also dont meet the wheelbase rule

Re: wheel base rules

Greg as I explained before those cars are built on an older chassi with a min. of 108 wheelbase, the newer Camaros/Firebirds are much to areo dynamic and will not be allowed to compete.

thanks for the response so i can put a thunderbird body on a 108 metric chassis just wanting to make sure before i do it

As long as its a Ford chassi

not trying to be a hars a@# but ford doesnt have a 108 full chassis car everything is 110 or 112 the closes thing the have is a granada at 107 but its a unibody if anybody knows of a another chassis that ford makes thats a 108 please let me know thanks

The best thing to do is take an older frame and shorten it to 108.

here we go again ....stock sort of......spend 1000 dollars to fix a 10 dollar problem....do you really think that a 110 wheel base hurts you that much....put your money in your engine....the car will follow

Car # 36

thanks frank to the other guy read before you write iam trying to figure out how the thunderbirds are running when they have a shorter wheel base didnt know you could switch frames and now my question has been anwsered and ill be at the next one to win and not complain and talk trash about everyone thanks frank for your help

Why do people think you are crying if you ask questions? I am just like you greg if i go i go to win thats why they call it a race and the little things you do add up to make you faster. I would just like to know how close they are on inspection and was the bodys help to stock appearing, and was there any cars without stock upper a arms.

I think you may be talking about my car. I ran the 071 T- Bird. This car started life as a dirt street stock in Price Utah. I bought the car in late 06 for the FKEN series. The car is a 88 tbird on a 80 ltd frame. The 80's frame is 112" ,it was cut down per IMCA rules to 108".The car has a standard 4 link in the rear, and is very heavy,and very rigid.
The other Ford frame is the Torino, it is 114" and is also a 4 link. The full size car like the Merc or Ltd is 123" and a 3 link, also very heavy.
I have been running Fords for a long time and will not change... My new car will use the Torino frame with a 87 Turbo Coupe body.We dont use the normal tbird because it is a unibody with a strut front end. This just puts me on the same page as the GM cars.There is no smoke and mirrors here,just hard work.I started 51st and at halfway was 21st when the trans broke.I will answer any questions you have. Kent Stubbe 071 Nice to meet you Waldo.

Car # 071

Kent, thanks for bringing the Ford cars, especially the T-bird, and to all of the other non-chevy guys, it makes the field look better, what happened to the 42 car, man that is a sharp car, good to see the other makes, hope to see you guys back.

Car # 27

In the 42 we broke the drive shaft. And I will be back to try it again. Maybe with one or two cars next time, tring to find a 70 charger to build a daytona. JC

Car # 42

man that is to bad about the driveshaft, sharp car, would love to see an old superbird out there,wait we cant have wings, it stil would be cool to see alot of different makes in the show, anybody have any ideas on a caddy or lincoln

Car # 27

"No wing" what about rutters. Just messen with you, I know but we are looking for a 68 to 70 charger body or a bird. Maybe it will happen, I spent over a year building this one. One man one pcs at a time, and I passed the dimes and went into dollars at a time. JC

Car # 42

The NJUIFILE is a file or record that helps prove if you are eligible for income support. You must do this before you can get money from the federal government as part of their COVID-19 Victims Fund. This program offers financial assistance to individuals who are in need due to being out of work from a non-fault situation like medical leave or maternity (only available for women), etc.