Frank Kimmel Street Stock Nationals

OFFICIAL FORUM OF FRANK KIMMEL STREET STOCK NATIONALS

Frank Kimmel Street Stock Nationals
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
raceceiver

Did anybody have a hard time hearing the raceceiver?All I could hear was mush. I think we need it on restarts, because the cars got way to far strung out.What do the other drivers think?

Car # 071

Re: raceceiver

I totally agree. the only time I could hear anything was during cautions and that was very little. I never knew where to line up so I just stayed behind the car I was following. I am sure I was passed by cars that I should have been in front of.

Car # 115

We had trouble with ours. sometimes it worked and sometime it didn't, our driver did say he could hear just fine, until he fired the motor.

Car # 27

One thing I would suggest for better performance is good earplugs, preferably molded ones. The earbuds supplied with it are... well... "limited." We have to use 'em extensively in Legends which are way more noisy than the Street Stocks. With molded earplugs, it's no problem.
Jon

I too couldnt hear with the supplied ear plugs....switched to my normal foam stick ins and they were ok.....dont use their plugs...

Car # 36

I THINK THE THING TO DO IS LET YOUR SPOTTER WEAR IT THEN LET YOU KNOW WHERE YOU NEED TO BE ALSO IT IS CLOSER TO THE PREES BOX WHERE THEY ARE SENDING THE SIGNAL AND ITS NOT AS LOUD AS IN THE CAR

My radio man has the hot set up that we need. Some years back when the southwest tour came to town, the spotter would have a scanner set to listen to the track . So the best thing is to have your spotter have a scanner or raceceiver to get the lineup order and relay to the driver. The driver needs both ears for his radio. If a driver does not have a spotter let him wear the raceceiver in both ears. Just an idea.

Car # 071