Frank Kimmel Street Stock Nationals

OFFICIAL FORUM OF FRANK KIMMEL STREET STOCK NATIONALS

Frank Kimmel Street Stock Nationals
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
General Frustration

I am hoping that I am not alone in my frustration about what seems to be endless comments of how this series is cheating, favoring drivers, and catoring to people with money. What Frank is doing here is revolutionary. If you don't believe that, do some racing history research. There is a unique opportunity to strike with this series, particularly with the financial situation most race drivers and race fans are in. Big time racing without the big time pricetag. Money will always be a big advantage in racing. Frank and his crew are working to make that as minimal as possible. Sure you could put in a claim rule, but people would complain about that. There is no way to make everyone happy. But to suggest that Frank is cheating to make some people run up front is offensive. As fans, you are entitled an opinion, but if you were on the track Saturday and thought there was cheating you should have brought it to Franks attention. It bugs me that an unprecedented champion's ethics are being questioned while he is working so hard to give the weekend driver a taste of the big time. That is shameful. It is unfortunate that there are always negative people who seek to bring everything down. With the right marketing this series could be a player in racing in todays scene. The race I saw on Saturday was more exciting than all the sprint cup races put together this year.

So, in reflection, instead of bringing down this series with negativity and accusations, build it up. You know if you don't make your voice heard in a constructive way (preferably directly to the person you are addressing), nothing will change for the better. There are hundreds of drivers that could be on the big stage, but for whatever reason, things didn't work out that way. Frank understands that and is trying to do something for all those guys. Let's support him and the series.

Re: General Frustration

Did you read the title, "Favored Cheating"? That means, it was brought to the attention of Frank. Last year it was complained about, and a 5,000 dollar check was still handed out. It was complained about at Bristol, and AGAIN at Ky Speedway, and yet poor Kyle Hadley gets DQ'd over .6% of too much left side weight? Its ok, it only a complaint till the end of this year. Then, when my drivers car shows up at the track, with the same features as a certain track champion, then the complaints will stop, until the FAVORITISM that is showed to such champion, is not showed to us. Get it, FAVORED CHEATING?

I am trying to help out the series by letting it be known that things NEED to KEEP CHANGING to tighten the field. Just like EVERY series it has ended up being about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ that people have to spend to be a contender. THE SERIES WILL NOT SURVIVE if the field isn't tightened up. The newness is starting to wear off with the drivers that always wanted to run a big track. Now they are starting to realise they DON'T have enough money to run it without having a $10k + motor!!!!!!!!!!! About 5 guys could afford that as it was obviuous at the track. Last year you had 10 cars in contention, this year you had 5, next year you will have 2 or 3. THAT IS NOT HELPING THE SERIES. The drivers from 6th back through 70th are realising that they DON'T have enough $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to run this series and be competetive!!!!!!!! The NEW rules this year SLOWED down the "BACKMARKERS" and made the FAST guys FASTER but yet cost EVERYBODY MORE $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Yes this could be a GREAT SERIES for the local Saturday night racer, but Frank needs to come up with a way(other than what he tried this year) to keep the field closer together. The Backmarkers and their supporters need to feel they have a chance also to be a contender for a Top 10 finish. NOT FINISHING 6th A LAP DOWN!!!!!!! Since AERO is a factor in this game, there needs to be some kind of template to check each car. The #51 rear roof raised up going down the straightaway!!!! Less DRAG!!! His windshield is more straight up than usual!!!! Less air on the Wickerbill. MAKE IT MORE EVEN FOR EVERYONE!!!!!! The racer along with the fans want to see a 20 or 30 car pack together just like Daytona and Talledega!!! When Frank can make this series like that he will get a BIGGER FAN AND CAR count!!!

The champion I was referring to was 9 time ARCA champion Frank Kimmel. It sounds like you have claimed cheating at all the races and are not getting anywhere. Stop going to the races seems to be the logical answer for you. There is always going to be a winner and people are always going to hate them for it. I guess this is what this is. I just think it is sad to call it cheating or favoritism. If you believe that stop showing up to race, stop showing up to watch. I don't think the series (you accused of cheating) would miss you. Did it ever occur to you that some people are just better at this than you. Funny you mention the 12 car, did .6% make him top 2-3 fastest car. No. If I were in charge of the series people who cry foul whenever they don't win would not be invited back. I liken this to anything in life, if you do not trust someone to do the right thing, you don't believe in their ability, find someone you do. There are plenty of series, albeit a little higher on the money train that run some of the bigger tracks. Try them.

I cannot be the only person who thinks this behavior is counterproductive. Calling Frank and his officials cheaters and playing favorites is not going to do anything to FIX the problem YOU perceive. I suppose you think every race that has a few drivers who are clearly better, they are being favored and/or are cheating. Perhaps you should take up bowling or red rover or something.

Lastly, I think Frank said in a comment after the race on here that tech is OPEN TO EVERYONE. The rules are written, some cars didn't pass, most cars did. I never thought of that, but is it being suggested that if someone bought the #51 car and painted it different it would mysteriously not make tech? The 9, 12, 11, 0, 06, 59, 21 wouldn't either without the favoritism they get? I would love it if these people would put up or shut up and stop whining for the love of pete. Everyone who runs well is favored and cheating or they have 1.5 million dollars in their muffler bearing that makes it so nobody can compete. As for the disgruntled fan, the lead draft had 15 cars in it. No it wasn't like Daytona 2-3 wide, but they were all within 100 yards or so.

You know you can't please all of the people all of the time and you know what else, at some point you don't have to listen to them complain either.

Sadness, its blatently obvious you arent a racer, a crew cheif, or anything beyond a wannabe. Its the guys who put in the wrench time, and the drivers and owners investing thousands of dollars and who are truly competetive, but, are beaten by the very ideas we came up with, but, decided we cant do because it was "illegal". Tech being open to everyone? I saw tech at Ky last year, my driver was in the top ten at the end, (yeah, suprised? We werent!) as we were allowed to watch Chucks tech from 50 feet away. Thats open tech to Frank.

Its all good though, we'll spend 15k on a top of the line engine instead of our 6-8k engine. We'll spend 5-7k on a high dollar transmission, instead of a 2k powerglide. And we will invade every gray area in the rule book like Chuck does, and pass the buck of complaining to the guys who cant afford what we can, and who cant "cheat" like us. Since there is no logic in changing everyone, and treating everyone fairly. We'll join Chuck, and watch everyone from the rear view, just like him. Good luck.

Can we do without the personal insults? I am not a driver, a crew member, or a wannabe. I am a fan. This was actually a feel good lets celebrate the good things this series is doing topic. I think that is what I have been saying and like on the other topic I am glad I could help you come to this conclusion. I didn't suggest you cheat, but merely work harder, get better and stop dragging others through the mud. If you think Frank can't find out who you are, you are wrong. Every entry has it's IP addy attached, so you can easily be found. What would you do if someone accused your tech of cheating and promised to bring a cheater car? I would keep a special eye on that car. I bet he wouldn't do anything different though. He would tech your car just like everyone elses.
I am a fan trying to comprehend the bashing of the Frank Kimmel Street Stock series. That is probably more noble than the persons complaining and making allegations of cheating.