Frank Kimmel Street Stock Nationals

OFFICIAL FORUM OF FRANK KIMMEL STREET STOCK NATIONALS

Frank Kimmel Street Stock Nationals
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
race for the average driver!!!!!!!!!

hello, i thought this series was for the average racer to have a shot at these big tracks, now this has become a money game just like most othere serie's!
for example chuck barns puts like $12,000 into is motor and thats more then most have in there whole car! if u ask me thats not right, no this is no longer a series for teh adverage race team that doesnt have the most money in the world!!!

Re: race for the average driver!!!!!!!!!

I hate to inform you this but there is very few series that you can race competitively with out spending 15K or more on a car / engine combination. A new dirt modified engine will cost you 14K if you want to run up front. GM Crate engines cost 6000.00 and then you spend 4000.00 cheating them up to stay competitive.. Now you have 10K in a engine with cast pistons and junk parts inside. Franks deal still allows a low buck team to go race, (and that is great) but you have got to get real,, your not going to race up front any where with any series using a 1500.00 demo derby engine these days.. There will always be competitors that shine and spend more money.
Roger Williams
www.wpespeedshop.com

Car # 32

Average racer does not mean average driver.

not always true, car #20 was running top consistantly and only had about 15k in his whole car.

I agree,, 15K in a car engine combo is about right..
We have less than that in ours, but I obviously have better resources than most to do so..
Great race in my opinion,,, 4 and 5 wide,, the fans got their moneys worth thats for sure.
Roger Williams
www.wpespeedshop.com

Car # 32

i have an engine on the shelf that runs just as strong as chuchs hudsons or kemps low mileage for 10k .You can probably buy any of those three for that same amount also give me a ring 812 683 4427 or check us out on the web www.specracingengines.com

I see a flaw in the 1st sentence.

"i thought this series was for the average racer to have a shot at these big tracks"

Are they not letting the average racer run the bigger tracks?

seriuosly, are you guys really spending that much?
Id like to here from some of you that actually compete. not a friend, or somebody who knows some body, or hearsay or guess.