Frank Kimmel Street Stock Nationals

OFFICIAL FORUM OF FRANK KIMMEL STREET STOCK NATIONALS

Frank Kimmel Street Stock Nationals
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Kentucky Race

First of all I would like to thank everyone who attended the Kentucky race this past Saturday. Even though we had a few more cautions then I would have liked, I thought the racing was as good as I have ever seen. The drivers in this year's race proved again that some of the best drivers in the country are our Street Stock drivers.

The pre-race and post-race tech went very very well. The cars and all the safety equipment were all improved from last year's race.

As far as the fan/fans that posted that Chuck Barnes is cheating you should be ashamed of yourselves. Bill and I personally teched the top 4 finishers very thoroughly. The top finishers were teched for engine cubic inch (pre race), carb., RPM module, height of the car and width of the car, and overall body configuration. We also drove the top 4 finishers to determine transmission ratios. By calling Chuck Barnes a cheater your are not being fair to him or the other competitors. The tech line was open for everyone to view and we are not trying to hide anything. The next time you write untruthful things about something you know little about please think twice.
Thanks again to all who participated in the Frank Kimmel Enduro at Kentucky Speedway. I would especially like to thank my officials for all their hard work and dedication. Thanks, Frank

Re: Kentucky Race

As far as Chuck Barnes Sr. being called a "CHEATER"... well, I have been to ALL of the local tracks from Louisville Speedway, Charlestown Motor Speedway and Salem Speedway and Chuck Barnes has been disqualified from races at EVERY track he has raced at. He has also been awarded TOP 5 money more times than not, and HE WAS ILLEGAL!!! I can say that because I HAVE SEEN IT WITH MY OWN EYES! I along with numerous competitors and FANS that follow local racing and know this to be a FACT!!! And as far as the amount of cautions...that was a GREAT thing, if not it would have been a boring race with ONLY 5 cars (IF THAT) left on the lead lap at the end. The restarts is what was so EXCITING, knowing that the leader was a sitting duck. Keep working on making the cars a little more even and it would be a VERY NOTABLE series to race in and for fans to watch!!!

I was at the Kentucky race as a spectator(not driver) this year & thought it was a very, very good race. sorry for the few that had car problems or wrecked, just would like to say a Thanks to the Winner and all that put on the good show, and to the #42 & #32 teams for letting me hang out in the garage & pit area's.

Car # 87

Thank you Frank Kimmel and Crew
1st for inviting us to film. We had a BLAST!

2nd for providing the Street Stock drivers a chance to prove they can and do put on one heck of a show whether it be at Kentucky Speedway or a Weekly Short Track.

WOW bump drafting in a street stock , Awesome show the drivers put on for us the fans. Thanks to the drivers for 1 heck of a GREAT RACE.

As for the complaints from fan/fans that hide behind a screen name (not there real name) and get on a computer to complain , ignore them. You cant make 100% of everybody happy. I didnt hear 1 complaint at the track , so most must of had good time.

Thank you from the Speedway Videos Crew. You and your Crew are a great group of folks.

I only got to run a few laps (motor trouble). After spending all that money and the efforts of countless people you would think a person would be disappointed. Nothing could be further from the truth, I had the time of my life. I can not forsee anything that would stop me from going to the ROCK in January. I commend Frank and Bill and their officials these cars are going fast enough to put on a heck of a show but not to fast to be unsafe. The speed is intence in the car, yet they are very stable. Thanks again For the chance to run these tracks. As far as the people crying about the 51 cheating I have only one thing to say to you SHUTUP!!!!! Everyone on that track is streching the rules as far as thier bank account and brains will let them, thats what racers do if you don't like it get a bigger brain and or bank account. Frank and Bill thanks again

Scott Bowman #19

Car # 19

What an intense race ..probably the most i have ever ran....as far as chuck barnes ..congrats ,,he has done his homework he garaged next to me and i took a good look at the engine bay . nothing that stood out.
The only problem is that there are a feww high compresson big buck engines going up against a feild of medium priced engines.
Until frank puts a compression rule along with his current rules this will continue.
12 /1 for 350s and 10 /1 for big motors would probably even things up a bit and give those teams that dont have $10,000 + for a STREET STOCK engine a chance. As it is a small 10/1 motor cant compete
after the pool of drivers that has never gotton a chance to be on the kimmil tracks is used up the series will falter and that is a real shame.
I have spoken about this to frank and he feels that the engine rules are ok....so we will see
I for one will not return until I decide to build a 410 14/1
10,000 engine or the engine rules are leveled ....thats the facts finished 16th at bristol and 25 at kent and drove my ass off flat foot all the way around Had a great time ..great bunch of racers

Car # 36

I unfortunately did not have my car ready this year. I should be at the Rock though. As for Chuck Barnes cheating, we would all like to think that he is because no one could possibly be that much better than us right? The truth of the matter is though that he probably works that much harder than us, not to mention he has been doing longer than most of us. Let's face it, he is on top of his game. We all know the rules when we show up. If you can look at it and figure out how to be faster then do it. If you know that he is cheating then talk to Frank or Bill and tell them how. I am sure they will be open minded. Believe me you will never meet 2 nicer guys in your life and certainly not a more caring promoter. No one likes getting his butt kicked but it happens. Get over it, practice, work harder and come back better. That is what racing is all about.