Frank Kimmel Street Stock Nationals

OFFICIAL FORUM OF FRANK KIMMEL STREET STOCK NATIONALS

Frank Kimmel Street Stock Nationals
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cost Of Racing

Frank, you have a GREAT thing going by starting this racing series for the Street Stocks. The BIGGEST problem I see that needs to be addressed is the cost it takes to be a FRONT runner. Most of the front runners already had anywhere from $15k to $25k in their racecars before this series began. From watching in the stands it is obvious who has the BEST ENGINE BUILDER is going to be a contender for the win. IT IS NOT THE CHASIS OR SETUP!!! Now the Saturday night racer that thought he had a chance by imposed wicker bills, rev limiters, smaller cam shafts and limited exhaust is starting to realise that now with ALL the limitations you still need a RCR built motor or some other well known builder to be a contender. With all of the new rules to slow the field down it didn't work, it just COSTED the racer more money, but yet the speeds were faster this year than last year. All the rule changes made a few faster and DIDN'T slow down the field and group the cars together as expected!!!! But yet the racer had to spend more money again this year to race.

In my opinion to make the race even better than it was, and HELP keep the cost down, there needs to be a motor claim rule!! Just to keep the cost down and make the field even closer together.

Even after the rule changes this year there were only 5 or 6 cars in the lead pack contending for the win Saturday. Last year you had 10. Next year you will probably have 2 or 3 ( the guys who can afford the RCR, Fischer Engines) guys contending for the win.

This is a STREET STOCK division!!! KEEP THE COST DOWN IN THE ENGINE DEPARTMENT!!! You will have MORE CARS and an even better race.

Change rules to benefit ALL RACERS!!! Rule changes PENALISE the guys that CAN'T afford it and help the guys that can. The rules this year ONLY made the faster guys faster, but yet it costed the racer who had the car ready from last year more money.

KEEP THE GUYS THAT CAN AFFORD THE $20k to $30k motors from building them knowing they will have their motor claimed after the race. They will NOT spend that amount of money to win $5k knowing how much it cost for a motor they had to give up.

As a fan that has been to Daytona and Talledega, it is more exciting to watch MORE CARS contending for the win than just 5 or 6.

Keep working on the MOTOR rules and then the show will get even better and the car and FAN count will continue to rise.

Re: Cost Of Racing

you guys cryied about the rules last year wanted to slow them down but you guys just made us faster so whatch what u whish for. Quit crying abot the rules and work on yor dang car during the week and not at the race track. those top 6 cars for most of the race i dont care if make them run a 4 cyl they would still be up front. and as far as some of the cars that u guys are talking about cheating if cant i know them pumped ky motor and several others and they were all good. so know complain about something elese than motors thanks. you people need to build u a car TO the max of the rules and then if you cant run with them then you can cry. as far as RCR motor i dont know who had one of them but congrats to them. frank and bill are doing a great job they tryied to help u guys out by runing 450 cam 2.5 ex but they didnt know it would the fast guys faster but thank guys thats my 2 cents

I have been building engines professionally for 18 years, mostly for short track class cars. There is no reason in the world for anyone to spend 20-30K on a engine for this series.. I will be more than happy to provide anyone interested with a engine combination that guaranteed to run with the very best in this series, 100% legal and complete top to bottom, dyno tuned for between 12 to 13K with all brand new components. If you are willing to pay 20K call me and I'll throw in our #32 car and make you a turn key deal. This was only my second time ever racing on pavement ( normally we race on dirt ) so I lost a lot on our set up and lack of driving experience but made up the rest with a well engineered engine combination. My crew and I are very proud of our top three finish this year... It has always been a dream of mine to race on such a track as Kentucky and be competitive, and we did that this year. I can't thank Frank and crew enough for the opportunity.
To save the racer money, don't change the rules!!! We were forced this year to build a completely different engine combination due to the rule changes that were made, and that's what gets expensive.. I much prefer to just bite the bullet once and buy good equipment that I can keep using for a long time. The current rule package works very well as far as I'm concerned.. Chuck built a better car than we did, and he has more driving experience,, enough said... I will eventually beat him if I continue racing on pavement, but I will have to earn it, just like everyone else...
Roger Williams #32
Williams Precision Engines
765-525-4825
www.wpespeedshop.com

Car # 32

No matter in what division,the creme will always raise to the top

very honest me williams i would and you should be very proud of your finish that was an awesome job.question what did you run for carb jets? and how much for a good 406 bottom end thanks

Car # 7

Greg, Give me a call and I'll be glad to discuss some details with you.. I learned a lot this year competing at Kentucky. No question in my mind we still have room to improve. I have been developing a real solid combination to run this deal with that I feel is close to being perfect, and it doesn't cost near as much as what people have posted on this form either. I would like to have 10 or more cars in the FKEN series next year running our engines.. I get very personal with all of our racers and root for them to win just as much if not more than myself. For the past 5 seasons in a row we have had three different customers win the Lawrenceburg track championship in the UMP Modified division,, and last year we got our second track championship in the Sprint Car division there. We also won the Bloomington track championship and finished third in National UMP points in 07. I'm accustomed to building quality, dependable fast engines, and it's my desire to have our engines run just as well in this new FKEN series. Last year at Kentucky was my first attempt at driving on the pavement and we were one of the top cars during hot laps.. Due to the bad draw I received we started in the back of the field, (72 ??) but quickly made it up to 14th by lap 48 when we broke our flywheel. I spent a lot of time during the winter redesigning a new engine combination to fit the new rule package and I think it's pretty close.
Feel free to give me a call, I'm in the shop every day 8:00 to 5:00..
Thanks
Roger Williams
Williams Precision Engines
765-525-4825
www.wpespeedshop.com

Car # 32