Frank Kimmel Street Stock Nationals

OFFICIAL FORUM OF FRANK KIMMEL STREET STOCK NATIONALS

Frank Kimmel Street Stock Nationals
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Favored Cheating

How is it that Chuck Barnes Sr. can run a "HOMEMADE" body and be so much faster than the rest of the field? I DON'T understand how 1 car can be faster by himself than 2 hooked up bumper to bumper. As usual, just like EVERY track there are favorites that get away with cheating and PROMOTERS turn their head. Another series that started out GREAT and is going to end up having less drivers at each race until the playing field is level. Fans and Drivers are disgusted that the field is not more evenly matched. My suggestion would be that the series should be bought and ran by someone that has NO ties in ANYWAY to ANY of the drivers. Then it would be a BETTER series to run in. After each race rules continue to change costing the driver more money each time. As you know how tough it has been to make the shows in ARCA because of lack of sponsorship dollars, no longer is the name FRANK KIMMEL enough to get money, and it is even tougher for the Saturday night racers to get those same advertising dollars. But you keep costing the racer more and more money.
At what point do you QUIT changing the rules and make sure the field is TRULY the SAME for everyone.
This will be the LAST Frank Kimmel race I take my family to and spend $150 to watch a "Favored Cheater" win. LEVEL THE FIELD FOR EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Favored Cheating

You maybe right to a degree, There are always those that are favored and get away with some Bending of the RULES. However, I think Frank and the gang are doing a fine job overall. They let several car race that do NOT MEET THE RULES in someway shape or form. Not saying that some of the front runners are bending the rules thay are however making the best of them money($$$$) still makes a FAST race car. Always has and always will. I beleive Frank is on the right track give them a chance to prove it.

That my 2 cents worth

Car # 270

I was at the track last night and what i saw was a great race and probably the best race at kentucky speedway in a long time. To me however Chuck Barnes was not the fastest car there. The difference in the field are those guys bringing cars made only for the Frank Kimmel races and those bringing ones that have to run the next week. As for the disgruntled fan its funny how you say $150 becasue that is the entry fee for a car. Maybe some of us that are running mid pack need to step out in the garage every night like the top 5 do and work on our cars instead of making excuses anyone agree to that?

well, i think frank is doing a good job with this series but.. there are some cheaters out there, and pretty much the top 5 are cheating in some way, thats just the way it is. also chuck bars is a good driver and has more money to put in his cars then alot of mid pack drivers. hope to see another great race!

Yes I agree it was obvious that Chuck Barnes had WAY MORE horsepower than ANYONE else there. It is time for a motor claim rule to be put in for around $2500.00 and/or let the top 5 be there to tech each others car to see for themselves that their competitors are NOT cheating. The racer is the best advertisement. If the other competitors in the race are able to see the cars teched then they will believe that NO FAVORITE drivers are given more than other drivers are given. It would have been down to the last turn of the last lap to decide the winner if the #51 car wasn't so much faster than everyone else!!! Frank keeps trying to keep the field closer together and it has worked to a degree, now he just needs to make the #51 LEGAL and it would make it even better. WAKEUP FRANK before your series goes downhill!! You have a GREAT thing going and could get MORE cars to show up if the DRIVERS feel that it is TRULY an EVEN playing field!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think Rockingham is going to be a FLOP.....unless #51 isn't going to be there. THAT'S WHY SALEM SPEEDWAY HAS GONE DOWNHILL.........FAVORTISIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I congratulate Chuck for one heck of a race.. This was only my second time racing on the pavement,, ( normally we race on dirt ) If I would have had a little more experience with the draft I think I might have been able to challenge a little harder.

I hole heartedly thank Frank and crew for the tremendous opportunity to race at such a class facility.
There is no way anybody in the stands could say they didn't get their moneys worth watching that race,,

As far as the top 5 cheating commit,, I wasn't cheating, that I guarantee...
Our car is a stock camaro (all OEM steel) that I bought for 500.00. I had Steve Ellis install the frame connectors and build us a quality safe cage. We still even have the factory bumpers on the car.. I did my home work and built a good engine that fits the ruel package,, and went racing..

If anybody needs engine help, thats what I have done to make a living since 1990

Roger Williams #32
Williams Precision Engines
www.wpespeedshop.com
765-525-4825

Car # 32

Ever gone to Daytona or Talledega? How many times have you seen a single car there be so dominant where they can pass cars by themselves WITHOUT having drafting partners? YOU DON'T....unless they ARE CHEATING!!!!!! NASCAR DOESN'T have FAVORITES or turn their heads for ILLEGAL cars!!!It is IMPOSSIBLE to be SO DOMINANT without help!!!!!! It is time for the race tracks AND PROMOTORS to make it fair for EVERYONE and NOT have FAVORITES. I have seen with my own eyes at Salem Speedway in the tech, Chuck Barnes Jr. given a top 5 finish in the Halloween race in 2006 and HAD AN ALUMINUM body on it and WAS NOT DISQUALIFIED for it!!! Now it has spilled over into the Frank Kimmel races!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Does the Street Stock racer have to go to an RCR motor to beat the #51. I see the cost of this division getting out of hand just like ALL other divisions have. If changes are not made SOON this series will be a failure!!!! By now all the drivers that have dreamed of racing at tracks like Ky. have done it and the newness has wore off. If changes are not made SOON it will be short lived if the competitors CONTINUE to think they DON'T have a chance.

Remember at Salem Speedway when John Collins was DISQUALIFIED for winning the 4th of July race for having an aluminum water pump. That was because people were tired of seeing him win all the time instead of the TRACK FAVORITE Chuck Barnes Jr. When he would win just about every race in the Street Stock division at Salem Speedway they would break his motor down and tear the car apart to try to prove he was cheating. THEY NEVER FOUND 1 thing to disqualify him for!!! Well, we are at that point now with the #51!! Prove to the racers and fans that the #51 ISN'T given an advantage. The difference between the 2 is that John Collins can beat the #51 EASILY.... given the SAME EQUIPMENT and the SAME RULES and NO FAVORTISIM!!!!!!!! The #51 is ILLEGALLY STINKING up the show. IF HE IS NOT ILLEGAL LET OTHER PEOPLE SEE HIM GO THRU TECH TO PROVE IT! Some people think it is that he has more MONEY.....NOT THE CASE HERE!!! You can beat another racer but you CAN'T beat the PROMOTERS....ask Richard Deaton (promotor @ Salem) about that one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just like someone else noted. Whenever someone dominates a lot of people want see them get taken down. The truth of the matter is that Chuck Sr. and Jr. do their homework and build great cars then they get out there and drive their butts off. I have followed them around for years and even finished ahead of them once or twice. There are cars of all shapes and sizes out there and I bet Chucks is far from being the most aerodynamic. As far as favorites. I don't see it. Frank has had to DQ people that are his friends. Kyle Hadley did an awesome job leading laps and finishing 3rd but admitted they overlooked checking their left side weight and they got DQ'd. I know Frank didn't want that to happen. I think the FKSSN crew is doing a great job at a very difficult undertaking. CONGRATS to Chuck, Joe, and Kyle for an exciting finish that I unfortunately had to watch from the stands instead of in my car LOL.

Thanks Frank

I want to take a moment to thank the Kmmel family and all involved in making a 62 year old man's dream come true. I also must thank my car owner for letting me drive an awesome car. I wish everyone would quit whinning and realize what a blessing the Kimmels have given to us. It is a gift and all should be thankful. His rules are not going to kill the support but the whinning might. I must take a stand and say over and over thanks Frank and Bill and the family. I hope to be at the next one if we get our car put back together.
Pastor Ron Lasley #115

Car # 115

Good job Chuck on another win,it's hard to beat expercince.

I agree! how could chuck barnes have that much more horsepower and be LEGAL??? oh wait because frank kimmel and him are buddies! what a joke!

STOP THE WHINNING GET A 406 IT IS WHAT MAKES HIM FAST AND I BELIVE ANY NUMBER OF THOSE GUYS THAT WHERE RUNNING UP FRT COULD HAVE WON.MR KIMMELL SAID HIS SELF TECH WAS OPEN TO ANYONE WHO WANTED TO WATCH..I BELIVE MR KIMMELL IS ON THE LEVEL.QUIT MAKING EXCUSES AND CALLING PEOPLE CHEATERS IF YOU KNOW SOMETHING WE DONT THAN SPEAK UP TIL THEN ITS JUST SOUR GRAPES..

Car # 7

Great job team 51! They did there homework. Frank & Bill thank you for letting the little guy get the chance to race on the big name tracks. We race on dirt and can say that Frank & Bill are the fairest promoters we have been around in years. Most of the top finishers would be more willing to help fellow racers if they ask. Now most of them aren't going to give away all of there serects but help you with setups. We can say this because we have called alot racers for advice, and all have been more than willing to help. Frank & Bill also give advice to racers. Thanks again Frank & Bill for another great race.Team 54

Car # 54

Until I moved in 1998, I missed maybe a total of 10 races run at Salem since the reopening. Most of you probably don't even know that the speedway was closed. Anyway, in that time I have seen Chuck Barnes crash once, ONCE on his own. That was due to the tranny blowing and dumping oil under the rear. If you want to know why he wins, he is real good. His motors are big, strong, and bullitproof. Cheating, well I'm a fan, but an old racer once told me everyone cheats, some better than others. So, get better at it I guess. As for favoritism, there was some at Salem some years ago, but I hardly think Mr. Deaton favors Chuck Barnes. I would be suprised if many of you, other than drivers or crew, made the trip to Bristol. I did. I saw another car cover the field there. Todd Kempf, was he cheating too? I assume so since your driver didn't win. As for cheating, what was the 0 doing in the pits with a few laps to go while leading? All I saw was someone leaning in the passenger window? I'm not sure what critical element they were checking there? He had the fastest car all night, just not the best driver. Advice for those that think what Frank is doing is favoritism, stay home. There are going to be a few people that are always winning or nearly winning these races, just like every other series. Why? Because they are better drivers that can build better cars. I think Mr. Williams has a good point. Little experience on pavement, but a world of experience building cars. Blam top 5 finish. It's not magic or luck.
As for the comment about John Collins and being able to beat everyone on a level field, that is a joke. There isn't such a thing when he is there. Rumor has it he has 2-3 times the money in that car as EVERYONE else and still wads it up in the end. Do a little research, objective research before commenting. See, cause a little bird told me that John and Chuck never really raced in the same class at Salem other than these enduro races, of which Salem has 2 each year, and the occaisional street stock race when he was competing in the super stock class.

It just seems that whenever someone wins, they are cheating or the track favors them. All those years at Louisville, Chuck was favored in sportsman, Bill Kimmel was favored in late models? Frank in ARCA. Gordon or Earhardt in NASCAR, Kinser in WoO, Leonard Chesser in Swamp Buggies all favored all cheaters right? No, they just beat your favorite driver every night, thats all.

As for the changing of rules, the series has all of 3 races in it's existence. Nascar has had over 50 years and yet rules are changed every year. Get used to it. It will continue to evolve to make racing better. Frank is on to something that could be big with the right marketing. I heard rumblings from people before this season started that they were out, its fixed for the chevy drivers to win, its set so a few drivers have an advantage. They publish the rules, build a car get a wheelman and race. If you don't like it save the money don't get a car and don't come to watch. Just like everything, you have a choice.

race fan must be the screen name for Collins or his crew. He admits Barnes isn't beating John with money. Hey, this will tear at some hearts, when Dale Sr. went from 18 to the lead in what 8 laps at Talladega, nobody said nothing. Cheating? Wait, I'm going to get you back on my side here, TALENT. There happy now. He passed cars by himself in the draft. Must have been that favoritism he had.

Try building a faster car with a better driver and stop complaining.

RUNNING HARD. IT WAS A GOOD RACE CONGRATULATION TO CHUCK. EXCITING RACE WHEN CARS 00,11 ,12,32,51,59,6 AND TO MANY TO MENTION GOOD SHOW.BUT IT IS SAD WHEN A MESSAGE LIKE SADNESS WROTE TO CRITCIZE OTHER RACE FANS FOR THERE OPINION AND TRYING TO PUSH HIS. WE NEED RACE FANS. SOUNDS LIKE HE IS A C.B. TEAM MEMBER OR C.B. IS HIS SUGER DADDY. SOMEBODY PLEASE SEND SADNESS SOME LIP ICE OR PREPARATION H OPINION HE MUST BE GETTING SORE. AGAIN CONGRATULATION CHUCK

I have to agree with sadness on some items he mentioned Frank is on to something great here, thanks again. I will also agree that Chuck is a great driver I have watched him at LMS and Salem. What so many people seem to be missing not only can he drive but between him and his son they do their homework and the car is right when they get to the track.What many of you dont know is how helpful he can be, when Tony moved up to superstocks at Salem we was able to go to him and he would help us out.
I disagree with sadness that John Collins cant drive I have seen him when his share of races to but sometimes he gets a little over agressive and puts himself into a bad spot.
Instead of accussing everyone of cheating how about doing your homework and get some experience and try it again. If you were to look at the top 2 finishers they probably have 60 years of experience between them. I say they both drove their butts off and they deserved to congratulated instead of being bashed.

Car # 21

JUST FACE IT CHUCK DID HIS HOMEWORK BETTER THAN THE REST OF US FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND CHUCK DOES THIS FOR A LIVING MOST OF US DO THIS FOR A HOBBY PERSONALLY I THINK THIS SERIES IS GREAT WISH WE COULD DO THIS ONCE A MONTH THANKS TO BILL AND FRANK THEY MADE A DREAM COME TRUE FOR ME. SO ANY OF YOU GUYS DONT LIKE THE WAY THE SHOW IS RAN DONT RUN IT I LEARN SOMETHING NEW EVERTIME I RUN TO MAKE MY EQUIPMENT BETTER AND ONEDAY ILL BE UPFRONT ONCE AGAIN BILL AND FARNK AND THE STAFF THANKS FOR GIVING ME AN CHANCE TO MAKE A DREAM COME TRUE FOR ME WESLEY HAWKINS CAR#69

Car # 69

as a race car driver watching from the stands the 12 car looked like the strongest car to me he just didnt have good restarts. the 00 car was also fast but he could only push cars to the front but couldnt lead. the 51 was fast but his over all racing experence won him the race by using his head staying calm and planing his move and drafting past the 11

Chuck Barnes couldn't pick my face out of a lineup. I was not pushing Chuck Barnes on anyone, simply stating that Frank favoring him as his means of winning was a joke. That undermines the work he puts into his cars and his ability. Not only that, but it suggests that Frank Kimmel, himself, is cheating. If people want to use foul language and descriptions that is fine, but please understand what you are making nasty comments on. I have no ties to any driver. Just have seen hundreds of races with all of these Louisville area drivers over the last 25 years. Chuck Barnes is a great street stock driver. So is Todd Kempf, Joe Williamson, ......the list is long in this area. I hardly think that favoritism is how they have been successful. That was the point.

As for John Collins, never said he was a bad driver. Only refuted another's point of how much better he was than everyone else. I have not seen that to be true, saturday was another example. It's the finish, not how you did during the race.

I have seen Chuck Barnes car pass threw tech at Salem Speedway, with an aluminum hood, or something a magnent wouldnt stick to. After the tech sup called RICHARD DEATON, it was ALLOWED. Saw it with my own eyes. I am not a fan of John Collins, but, how many times has his motor been torn apart, looking for cheating? When has Barnes pulled a head? They pumped his motor at KY, wow, big deal, lets pull heads. Lets do a real tech before we do a direct deposit from Kimmels account to Chucks. I'm sure we all know that Chuckie Jr shoes Franks car during testing at Salem. So, there arent any ties or favortism there.

Not a problem, we'll take it upon ourselves to level the field, if ya cant beat em, join em. Dare them to DQ us for copying Chuck. If not, let everyone race for second, if thats ok with them.

There you go, finally getting the drift. Make your car better and stop complaining. I knew if we continued long enough it would sink in. I feel like we made a breakthrough there. In fact, I feel better that I had something to do with it, or at least I was there when it happened.

Sadness, my dear friend, you had nothing to do with it. Everyone cheats, its who gets away with it that matters. If driver A has 10 cheating elements, and Barnes has 10, driver A gets away with 2-3, Barnes gets 8. THE WORD AND COMPLAINT IS "FAVORED", you know, as in friend, turn your head, look away. Chuck cheats, everyone cheats, Frank turns a cheek. Fine, do it for us all, when we show up with Chucks type car, a rediculous motor, and tranny as well.

If we have to put 30k in a car, so be it. But, is that what this series is about? Figure out how to beat the cheaters? If so, lets waste money and all play the game. If not, lets choke the field, where a mass of 10-15k cars can come, and run in a 20 car pack, with an HONEST shot at winning! If not the field can shrink like the ones at Salem.

Managers and track officials are generally the reasons car count shrinks, and the fan base dwindles. How many fans are going to say next year, "Nah, I dont wanna go, tired of seeing the same top 3-5 guys, with Barnes winning, AGAIN. People didnt enjoy the show at Salem, as previously mention, when John Collins led 95% of the laps in the Street Stock division, with 3 straight championships. But, sadly, as everyone found out, he was ALWAYS legal. His car had to be stripped down and inspected week in and week out. They looked at EVERYTHING.

Sadness, if you are ok with the results of the race, then you keep showing up and cheering Chuck as you or your driver take the checkered flag somewhere behind him. My team, on the other hand, are going to push the envelope to catch Chuck, and dare you, or anyone, call us cheaters, when you support THE biggest one in our sport

I get the feeling as we keep mentioning someone who finished outside the top 20 on saturday and how that same person is legal eagle and won every race they ran at Salem, serious has allegiance to a particular driver. Well, what about when he was winning all the time at Salem. Tech found nothing wrong yet I bet all the other drivers in the class said, "CHEATING SOB" or like you, "THE TRACK IS FAVORING THAT SOB". Can you tell me the difference here? Barnes is winning easily as you say while getting away with more than everyone else, while according to you Frank and the officials look the other way. Isn't that similar to your example of winning all the races in Salem, easily, while all the other drivers felt he was getting away with more as the tech people looked the other way. I would think the other drivers then feel as you do now. The problem is, knowing many of the guys that raced in Salem in those days, I doubt many of them were as absolutely certain about the cheating like you seem to be. The have a little more respect for the tech and the other driver than that. They may have suspected it, but probably would not have been so adament about slamming those involved.

There is no solution for the way some of those on these boards feel. Honestly, I would not want to run with people that I felt were cheating or ignoring, thus favoring cheaters. I suppose if you come with something and they find it, they will DQ you. I think surely you could have gotten closer than 50 ft to tech, maybe Frank will weigh in on that. That is the only thing that might help. If we agree that everyone cheats, you are CERTAIN he gets away with more? I mean, how do you know that. How do you know him being faster isn't because he works harder or is a better driver? What about these other guys that have won and have been up front in every race. Are they getting by with more too? It just seems strange that 10 guys would be favorites and nobody else. Some with no tie to Frank at all. Anyway, I think you got the point earlier, spend more money. No, No that wasn't it, do more homework and get a better driver. That was it.

Ok, Iam just going to say this because I think alot of other people are probably thinking it. You two need to give it up. And I don't mind putting my name on the board for everyone to see, the kind of posting you guys are doing, it is becoming good for laughs and not anything constructive, The front guys were real fast, they motored by us like we were nothing, and we have some good stuff, but you haven't heard me complain about. Now grow up, quit whining and get ready for Rockingham, that is what we are doing.

Car # 27

Well, when someone calls Frank a cheater it makes me a bit frustrated. It probably should make everyone who is thankful for the opportunity a little angry as well.

Sadness....are you saying that Frank Kimmel is not a CHEATER? Let me put it this way to you.... Nascar would never let him race if changes were NOT made to his bodies!!!!!!!!!!!! Well apparently you have NEVER been to an ARCA race and saw them "massage" the Officials to let things go. Know what you are talking about before you post on here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You MUST have just started following the Kimmels! LMAO!!!!!!!!

Do any of you think about what you write prior to putting it here, HERE. If you really intelligent people believe he is so bad, why race the series, why be on his message board, why, why, why? I realize this is a free country, but wow you have some time on your hands. Who knows how much time you spend on the message boards of something you really enjoy. Hey, I thought of something, if you spend half as much time working on the car as ******** about Frank and the cheating, you might just win.
Think about that for a minute, huh?

I just can't stand it, I have to know how anyone would know that there was literally official massaging. Are you the massagee or the massager? Otherwise it would appear that you were maybe a peeping Tom. I don't like being watched nor do I condone watching. One thing I have learned here since last Saturday, there is alot going on that others have absolutely no proof of, but it happened, cause they said it did. Must be ESP or telepathy or mind reading. And for insider, if you read the prior posts, it has been stated everyone cheats, this topic relates to the series, not Frank's driving record.

This B S is at all race tracks,The creme will always raise to the top,nice job Frank and congrets to Chuck,we are gunning to beat you some day soon.

I WAS WALKING AROUND THE GARAGE AREA CHECKING OUT THE CARS. THE ONE THING I NOTICE ON THE 51 CAR THE BACK OF THE CAR IS OPEN BETWEEN THE BUMPER AND THE DECK LID THE RULES SAY MUST BE CLOSED SHOULD EVERY BODY BE ALLOWED TO MODIFY THEIR CARS THE SAME OR MAKE THE AFTER MARKET TAIL PEICE MANDATORY. THIS WAS A HELL OF AN ADVANTAGE AT KY OTHER THAN THAT GREAT RACE

BOY..... I have started something that ALOT of people are apparently interested in viewing. FANS ARE NOT BLIND and RACERS are NOT IGNORANT...Well most of them anyway. LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SAME OLD ****, just a different track and a different promoter. But the DRAMA is what FUELS the FANS and RACERS!!!!!!!!!! Just trying to keep things in the open and keep an EVEN playing field for everyone.

True, it's always interesting to see how sore losers and their fans react to a new series. Draws a crowd doesn't it?

Sadness? Why are you so sad? The TRUTH is being talked about by ALOT of people in the racing community, is that what is making you sooooo sad? The FANS and Competitors want the playing field to be even....Having a 20 or 30 car pack, WITHOUT driving this series to where you have to have a $50k budget to compete. The BODY RULES NEED TO BE ALOT MORE CLEAR AND TECHED ALOT CLOSER.........FOR EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND MAKE TAIL PIECES MANDATORY and BODIES SECURED!!!!!!!!!!!

No, I'm sad because the short track sore loser routine has already stricken this series. Sad that there are a few people who didn't win and apparently can't stand it. Sad that someone is going to big promoters and asking to be on their race schedule and this is the response a FEW people have. PS, we have all learned that you can sign up with a different name and have the same comments. As others have said, if you feel tech is rigged, go watch it. My solution was for those that think its a sham, stay the f($@ at home. Save us the trouble of listening to the whining later.

hey dave take a look at the victory lane photos the rear ir covered on the barnes car ,,,