Let's Talk Bati......

A forum for all 'english-speaking' fans of Gabriel Omar Batistuta, which EVER team he's involved with!
Thanks to ALL fans for any 'Bati-news' and news about Argentina!

To make it easier to reply to posts, please don't start a new thread if there is already an existing thread related to your topic. Let's try to keep all the same news 'together'. Thanks!

Hosted by Katy...(assisted by Daryl, Linda, Mariela, Franca, Juan and Brigie)

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2 3 4 5
Author
Comment
BATI NEWS!

Guys, i have found this article at "El Mundo Deportivo" website which was quite surprising for me....
Who knows what may happen....

I can not understand the whole article but they say that there is a possibility BATI to replace injured Herik Larsson at Barcelona...

http://www.elmundodeportivo.es/20041202/NOTICIA184690257.html

Batigol está a tiro
El delantero argentino responde al perfil que busca el Barça y ha habido contactos

Gabriel Batistuta, 'Batigol', está a tiro del Barça. El argentino responde al perfil de jugador que el cuadro barcelonista está buscando para sustituir al lesionado Henrik Larsson, jugaría encantado en el club azulgrana y se mantiene en forma pese a que en febrero cumplirá 36 años. Ha jugado las últimas dos temporadas en el fútbol de Qatar y ha recibido el premio al mejor delantero del campeonato, del que fue 'pichichi' el año pasado con 25 goles en 18 partidos. Considera que todavía tiene fútbol para rendir al primer nivel, está dispuesto a emprender una nueva aventura en un club del nivel del Barça antes de retirarse y ya ha habido contactos.
El Barça, por su parte, rastrea el mercado en busca de un futbolista que pueda cubrir el hueco que ha dejado Larsson tras su lesión. En estos momentos sólo hay dos delanteros disponibles para Larsson, puesto que Giuly se lesionó en el amistoso benéfico del pasado martes, y uno de ellos es Ronaldinho, cuyo puesto natural no está en la delantera. El fichaje de un delantero es, pues, casi urgente.
El Barça ya sabe que Batistuta quiere venir. En el contexto del amistoso benéfico del pasado martes, desde el entorno de los agentes del jugador plantearon la posibilidad al Barça, que no lo ve con malos ojos. Se trata de un jugador al que no hay que explicarle cómo se juega en Europa, que no ocupa plaza de extracomunitario puesto que tiene pasaporte italiano, que podría jugar la Champions, y que llegaría en las condiciones que el Barça requiere:aceptaría un contrato hasta final de temporada, no exigiría ser titular y su incorporación no tendría coste alguno.
Batistuta tiene un contrato con el Al-Arabi que finaliza el próximo verano. Sin embargo, tiene un pacto de caballeros con el club qatarí conforme al cual le dejarían marchar como agradecimiento a los servicios prestados, en virtud de los cuales no se opondrían a la oportunidad de colgar las botas en el Barça.
El 'feed-back' con el club azulgrana es en principio positivo y Batistuta está dispuesto a renunciar a buena parte de las cantidades que gana en el Al-Arabi con tal de jugar en el Barça, puesto que a estas alturas 'Bati-gol' ya ha ganado mucho dinero y se mueve por otros estímulos

FORZA GABRIEL BATISTUTA!
Mariela

Re: BATI NEWS!

In the interview Bati said that he had 2 offers from english teams.. but he never said that he want to go in England.

I'm quite sure that he'll continue to play with Al Arabi till the end of his contract and that after he'll decide for his future... a come back as a player if he received intresting offers or a new life as manager for his Fiore or why not as "farmer" in his Reconquista!!!

Forza Bati.

hi to all batis fans ,i writte in one web.that bati cant go in barca because they cant take a player that in not from the europian union.they have a lot of players from south america but if they really want to have bati they should sell silvnio or someone else.bye and lets hope that BATISTUTA WILL HIS CARIER THERE WHEN HE BELOW.BYE

can't say much right now....the story is getting confusing day by day and i think Bati should end this once and for all........he should decide it at once or he will get confused to...........and i can just its up too Bati now....
Bati zindabad

my all dear friends,hello
pardon me for I was absent for a long time,my dear Gabriel,pardon me please.
yeah,the story becomes so long and confusing,and we just can wait and of course BLESS I don't know what the is best for him,maybe going to Barca isn't proper for Gabi,I really don't know,I just hope he goes to the best place for himself,and the best conditions assemble for him
YOU ARE THE BEST GABRIEL,WHEREVER YOU ARE WE LOVE YOU

I wonder if Liverpool is one of the English clubs interested in him cos personally he would be a Liverpudlian which would be a problem for a Manchester United fan like me.Hopefully Liverpool gets their actual target,Fernando Morientes not that he would make Liverpool stronger, and hopefully Batistuta joins Birmingham.

In a interview he released this week end he said that he'll stay in Qatar till the end of this season cause the children are going at school and it'll be impossible to organize a move in such a short time. He said that during this time he'll take the time to think if it's time to hang up his shoes or not.. he's ready to do that.............. he'd like to play another year but only for the fun..... he doesn't like any more to train each day and all the things which go with.
I'm sure that he'll take the best decision as he always did.

Goodluck dear Gabriel..........

Veteran Argentina striker Gabriel Batistuta has stated he can see the end of his playing days coming.

The former Fiorentina ace's appetite for the game has diminished recently and the hit-man is happy to see out his playing days in Qatar.

"I can see the time to retire coming, but I still feel that I can keep on playing for a while," said Batistuta.

"I want to enjoy playing football a little longer. If I play for another year or two it will not change what I have done in my career.

"I really don't want to train anymore or have to concentrate before each game. Thankfully that doesn't happen in Qatar and that's why I like it here."

Boca Juniors were reportedly keen to have Batistuta for their Copa Libertadores campaign, however, the striker has to stay in Qatar until next summer.

"Everything is arranged to stay in Qatar with all my family until July 2005 so I will not be able to return to Argentina," he added.

BATISTUTA WIIL NOT NEVER COME BACK TO EUROPEAN LEAGUE
BECUASE HE WANT TO HANG UP HIS SHOES AFTER END OF HIS
CONTRACT WITH AL ARABIA IN QATTAR
BATI RITIRED FOREVER
GOOD BYE BATI

ALL OF THEASE WERE GAME AND ONLY WE LAST THE GAME.
HE WAS ONE OF THE BEST PLAYER IN WORLD:
184 GOALS IN SERIE A
56 GOALS IN NATIONAL TEAM
7 GOALS IN CHAMPION LEAGUE
HE EARN COPPA ITALIA AND CALCIO WITH ROMA
AND MANY OTHER GOALS IN FRIENDLY MATCHES
25 GOALS IN QATAR LEAGUE
BEST PLAYER IN ALL THE ARAB LEAGUES 2003-2004
BEST STRICKER IN SERIE A 94-95
NOW HE SHOULD SAY GOOD BYE FOOTBALL

What's going on now???
Rumours, rumours... and more rumours..... and then he says he's probably staying in Qatar??????

Ahhhhh well, I don't suppose we'll find out for definite until the transfer window closes!

There's an article on Middle East Football (which we can't read, of course ) entitled "Legendary Maradona sings words of wisdom to unsettled Batistuta." It was after they met at that tennis match which was pictured on the previous page of this thread.
All I can find about it, is this....

Diego Maradona le pidió a Batistuta que vuelva a Boca Juniors
El ex ídolo del fútbol mundial Diego Armando Maradona le pidió a su compatriota Gabriel Batistuta que vuelva a la Argentina para jugar por Boca Juniors, el club de sus amores.

"Sí, sí, le pedí que vuelva", dijo Maradona a la prensa el jueves por la noche, cuando se encontró con Batistuta en el Buenos Aires Lawn Tennis, mientras se disputaba la Copa Argentina, entre los mejores tenistas del país.

Pero Maradona aclaró enseguida: "Yo quiero que la gente entienda que 'Bati' tiene todas las ganas de venir, pero el tema son los contratos y que no podemos llegar tampoco a nivel monetario".

"Pero depende de Batistuta donde quiera cerrar su gloriosa campaña", agregó el "10", que estuvo permanentemente rodeado de sus admiradores y periodistas.

Gabriel Batistuta tiene contrato con Al Arabi de Qatar hasta junio del año próximo, pero Boca Juniors haría un intento para repatriarlo y que juegue la próxima edición de la Copa Libertadores de América, entre febrero y julio próximos.

Respecto del futuro entrenador de Boca Juniors, Maradona volvió a pronunciarse por el actual conductor de los "xeneizes", Jorge "Chino" Benítez, que asumió interinamente en noviembre, tras la renuncia de Miguel Brindisi.

I think Maradona was trying to persuade him to go back to Boca.... is that right Juan??

Translation:

Diego Maradona requested Batistuta that he returns to Boca Juniors. Diego asked his compatriot Gabriel to return to Argentina and to play with Boca Juniors the club he loves. Diego explained, "yes, I requested him to play for Boca", Maradona explained to the press Thursday, when he was with Batistuta in Buenos Aires Lawn Tennis shiled was presented to the best tennis players of the country.

But Maradona clarified immediately: "ja I want that people understand it 'Bati' has all the desire to come, but the subject is the contracts". "all now depends on Batistuta where he wants to close his glorious career",

Gabriel Batistuta has contract with Al-Arabi of Qatar until June of the next year, but Boca Juniors would make an attempt to get him and that he plays the next copa Liberatin edition , between next February and July.

-----------------------------
-----------------------------

Kate, ja you assumed truly. He is negotiating with Boca admin or lets say Boca admin are negotiatin gwith him. The bottom line is Bati wants a Boca return, Boca fans want a Bati return, Boca admin wants and needs a Bati return. With these San Diego explanations to the press it's more than tad obvious what is currently happening.

Bur will Irina and kids want a Argentine residaance & will Bati able to satisfy himself and his family for the Argentina residance. hard to assume and judge at the point. But one thing is sure "He as a player wants to end his career with a noticable exit. A copa Lib victory and some goles will comfortably end his dream career at a high note" & "Boca not only needs him but they want him too.

_____

slightly off topic. Diego "CHOLO" Simeone has made a contract with Racing club & may turn out to be a trend for the other high class performers too (to end their career in their native country and league)

ciao and merry christmas to everyone who celebrate it
Juan

Comon Diego help gud old Bati..........he needs to leave Qatar....he wants a homeland return

wishes you best wish !!! dear bati

juan can you please translate these headlines?

1.Batistuta dijo que no fue compredido en la Roma
2.Batistuta: "Estoy viejo pero todavía sé hacer goles"
3.(ITA) Batistuta: “No me olvidé cómo hacer goles”: El máximo anotador de la Selección...

these are the latest headlines on batistuta from the last few days.

PLEASE JUAN HELP US!

1- Batistuta said he was not happy with Roma
2- i may be old but still I know to score goals
3- Batistuta: "I have not forgot how to score goals"

ciao

hey thanx a lot juan.

so it sounds like batistuta still has some fight in him then guys, this is good

I hope Juan will forgive me for butting in....

The translation of the first headline is actually:
'Bati said he was not understood at Roma.'

I only mnetion it because it's a bit different from not being happy. He seemed happy enough at Rome at least until the third season.

Happy New Year All! Can't believe I missed all the trauma of possible transfers to Barca and Boca while I've been away! If Bati joins Boca after I leave Argentina this year, I will have to be carted of by men in white coats!!!

Christine

hi evry one & hapy new year blise teel me whate hapin with bati in barca.

WELCOME BACK CHRISTINE!!!!!
Can you just imagine if he did go to Boca, after you'd left?????? Arggghhhhh! That would be SO frustrating for you! How long have you got left there, btw???

Gasmin... there's been no mention of Bati and Barca since the passport 'confusion'. The latest report about Barca is....

Barça Only Going For A Forward
12/31/2004 8:37:00 PM
Barcelona have admitted that they are making the signing of a new striker their number one priority in the January transfer window.
The Catalan club’s technical secretary, Txiki Begiristain, explained that bringing in a new forward to replace the injured Henrik Larsson was paramount.

Barça had originally said that they would also look to sign a defensive midfielder, but the return to action of Gerard has seen the urgency to fill the position subside.

"The first thing is to sign a forward," he explained. "But we are looking to bring in a player that will fit in with the club and the team.

"He must must fit the profile that we have set out and must also accept the conditions that we are offering.

"We are looking at several quality players."

Several names have been linked with the club, including John Carew from Besiktas, Martin Petrov of Wolfsburg and Nicolas Anelka of Manchester City.

But several Barcelona board members have explained that their ideal candidate will arrive on a six-month loan deal and will be eligible to play in the Champions League.
-------
And ALSO... rumours about Solari!

Solari To Betray Real And Join Barca
12/31/2004 2:55:00 PM
Santiago Solari has surprisingly agreed to move to his current club’s historic rivals Barcelona at the end of this season.
The move will be officially announced tomorrow when the transfer window officially reopens, however Solari will make the trip to the Azulgrana in June, the month in which his contract with the Merengues expires in.

The twenty eight year old Argentine, who was basically an eternal benchwarmer for Real, was also being tracked by Serie A giants Inter and AC Milan.

Both reports from Goal.com

juan, abt ur remarks that bati is barca bound, what do u have to say? is the barca management still playing mind games or ****?

Hi, my dear BatiFans!

What are your feelings about what is going on in Qatar and Bati's performance there?

Latest on Barca

Barcelona have made Udinese's Vincenzo Iaquinta their top striking target.

There are conflicting reports over how far advanced Barca's attempts to sign the hit-man are, but sources in Spain insist the Catalans have already struck a deal with the player.

Barca have been on the look-out for a powerful frontman after injury robbed them of the services of Henrik Larsson for the rest of the season.

They have been linked with both John Carew and Fredi Kanoute, but Iaquinta - once a target for Middlesbrough - is now their priority.

The stumbling block for any transfer is the fee involved for the 25-year-old's services.

Barca initially wanted to try and take the striker on a loan deal until the end of the season, but Udinese - who are pushing for European qualification this term - made it clear they would not consider such a deal.

Consequently the Spanish titans are understood to have returned with a firm offer of €5 million, but Udinese are holding out for around €8 million.

Tkixi Beguiristain is reported to be handling negotiations for the transfer, and Barca's director of sport believes Iaquinta is similar in style to former Barcelona forward Julio Salinas, who helped the club win the European Cup in 1992.

However, Los Cules will not be forced into paying what they feel is over the odds for the Italian, and have not discounted the option of Carew should Udinese refuse to lower their demands.

source: skysports

couldnt really care less about iaquinta or carew.

whats really annoying is that with all this talk of barca before the transfer window, since the transfer window has opened there has been absolutely no talk about a batistuta transfer. its crazy, surely someone could use him.

why the hell cant he go back to fiorentina? except for miccoli their strikers are rubbish and a veteren batistuta would be way better. is there no common sense in football anymore? he loves that club.

look at di canio, a lazio fan who loves the club, hes back there and hes 35? and doing well. zola is 38 and doing well at cagliari. this is now bati's last chance to return.

Yeah, Marc!
I agree with you! 100% right!!! But this stupid president of Fiorntina... But all of us hope, not hope ven, but HOPE!!!
Forza Batigoal!

Fiorentina+Batigol!!! the key to succses! I just love playing with that thought... MmMmMmM

How do you think, boys and girls > will Bati be able to return to Boca and would they really take him back?

hi guys i've been following all the transfer news for quite some time.
no matter where bati moves, i wish him the all the best.
however i would really like to see him play in italy or england

Well... England may be no - he has told it himself too... But it would be cool also to return to Boca

juan i have found something but i need your help to translate it. it is a headline about bati from argentina. here it is....

Batistuta quiere volver a la Fiorentina

i feel this could be exciting news. here is the whole article for you guys now:

El goleador argentino Gabriel Batistuta sueña con terminar su carrera profesional en el club italiano en el cual se desempeñó durante diez años: Fiorentina.

El delantero anhela que la dirigencia de ese club lo tenga en cuenta en la próxima temporada para integrar el plantel ya que en junio próximo culmina el contrato que actualmente mantiene con el club Al Arabi, de Qatar.

En una entrevista concedida a La Gazzetta dello Sport, Batistuta aclaró que no ha tenido contactos con directivos del club italiano, aunque recordó que conoció a su presidente, Diego Della Valle, a quien calificó de "simpático".

"Todavía no tengo intenciones de retirarme. Saben todos que mi sueño sería volver a jugar en Fiorentina antes de retirarme, pero por el momento no quiero hablar de estas cosas porque podría fastidiar el ambiente", afirmó el jugador que cumplirá 36 años en febrero.

El goleador argentino no descartó la posibilidad de desempeñarse como dirigente o entrenador, y para esto último está siguiendo el curso que exige la Federación Italiana: "Tengo abiertas todas las puertas, pero por ahora querría seguir haciendo lo que mejor sé, o sea goles".

1 2 3 4 5