Let's Talk Bati......

A forum for all 'english-speaking' fans of Gabriel Omar Batistuta, which EVER team he's involved with!
Thanks to ALL fans for any 'Bati-news' and news about Argentina!

To make it easier to reply to posts, please don't start a new thread if there is already an existing thread related to your topic. Let's try to keep all the same news 'together'. Thanks!

Hosted by Katy...(assisted by Daryl, Linda, Mariela, Franca, Juan and Brigie)

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Bati speaks of horrific pain

After denying reports that his injuries were so bad, he could hardly walk, he speaks of the full extent of it. Seems he was in so much pain, he asked surgeons to amputate his legs:

http://www.gazzettadelsud.it/news/106040/Injuries-made-me-want-my-legs-amputated-says-Batistuta.html

http://www.liberoquotidiano.it/news/sfoglio/11679473/Gabriel-Batistuta-rivela---Non.html

Re: Bati speaks of horrific pain

Thanks for finding this Batibird. It doesn't really surprise me actually. We knew it was bad, but it was obviously worse than we thought. Poor Bati!

Injuries made me want my legs amputated says Batistuta

28/08/2014
Ex-Fiorentina and Roma striker in shock revelation
Injuries made me want my legs amputated says Batistuta

Rome, August 28 - Former Fiorentina and Roma forward Gabriel Batistuta said Thursday the injuries he suffered during his career made him ask a doctor to amputate his legs. The former Argentina international enjoyed a 17-year playing career, spending 12 years in Serie A, and remains the Italian league's 11th all-time highest goalscorer with 184 to his name. Batisusta, 45, revealed that after he hung up his boots his physical condition worsened dramatically. "After quitting football, within a short time I found myself almost unable to walk," Batistuta told TyC Sports. "I was 10 metres from the bathroom, but I wet the bed because I did not have the strength to get up. "So I went to doctor Avanzi - the pain in my ankles was unbearable, to the point that I asked him to amputate my legs. I had seen Pistorius and told myself that that was the solution. "The doctor did not want to, he told me I was crazy, he operated on the right ankle and luckily the issue has gone another way. "We fixed the ankles with screws, in an operation - my problem is that I do not have cartilage and tendons - my 86kgs weight was on bone and I was dying from the pain. Then, slowly the situation has improved. "The recovery has been difficult, long and tiring, but I am fine now. I'm also playing football again."

The Daily Mail have also published this story today, along with more pictures and a video. Some nice comments from readers underneath the article too!
Here's the link...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2740426/Argentina-legend-Gabriel-Batistuta-begged-doctors-remove-legs.html

Thanks for the link Katy! Have seen the full interview. He also talked about a possible coaching career in future (Lets hope it happens!)and some Argentine players' performance from the last World cup. :)

I wonder how long before he has to the other leg operated on.

He's doing so well, though. Playing that match, recently, and playing Polo. I can't imaging it's painless dismounting from the horses.