Jamaica Phil's Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Phil Lafayette's Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Positively Phil no problem, Mon
Gotta give this an A+ tour. So, there's no confusion. You pay the 15.00 fee at Dunn River yourself and then deduct it from his overall fee. I've heard there are some other good guides, but I can only speak for Playful Phil. He kept us amused, taught us about the e...
Views: 681   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 17, 2007 11:29am
by William Zahn
Pleasant Phil
What a pleasant experience. Energetic Ethan, Kind Karen , and Clever Cliff had a great time with phantastic Phil. It is our pleasure to adopt philanthropic Phil with his PHD and his phanomnal Jamaica. Phils daughter was such a pleasant woman to also deal with....
Views: 677   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 4, 2007 7:35pm
by Cliff Bloom
Perpetually Pleasant Phil
Our pleasant passage through your peaceful paradise remains a pinnacle of our peregrination. The beautiful panorama of that primeval forest will perpetually provide poignant memories of our visit. We plan to purport ourselves into your prudent care in the future. Mea...
Views: 627   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 29, 2006 9:30am
by Brave Bubbling B...
d
dale
Phil is Great
Just got home from a great Christmas vacation cruise. We had the greatest time in Jamaica with PHIL and his daughter. I highly recommend them, we had such a great time....
Views: 571   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 28, 2006 8:36pm
by dale
Go with Phil. You will enjoy the tours.
Phil has received many wonderful reviews and there is a reason. He loves what he does. Go with Phil and he will protect you from the hassle factor in Jamaica that turns off many. He will not only save you money but he will also provide an excellent tour. He and h...
Views: 653   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 25, 2006 9:25pm
by Dale Bryant
Phil is Great!! You must book him!!
After reading about Phil, I booked him for our day in Ocho Rios on Wednesday, November 22nd. We could not have been happier with this decision!! Our tour with Phil and our climb on the falls was probably the highlight of our cruise in the Western Caribbean! We arri...
Views: 657   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 8, 2006 11:00am
by Jennifer
Thank you again
Dear Protective Phil: We had a great time and wanted everyone to know how impressed we were with the quality of service and the knowledge you possess. Our family still talks and laughs about the experiences we had in beautiful Jamaica. I truly believe, that when y...
Views: 625   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 12, 2006 10:41am
by Delightful Dona
Recommendation for Phil
If you're simply looking for a tour where you stare out the window of a bus and listen to a guide drone on, Phil Lafayette is not for you. However, if you are looking for an interactive, engaging, and fun tour, then Phil's your "mon". He is not only knowledgeable...
Views: 706   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 22, 2006 1:05pm
by Halle & Jake
Phenomenal Phil!
Thank you so much Phil for the wonderful experience in Jamaica! Walter, Aric and myself had an amazing time. I had been to Ocho Rios before but this time was much better because we did our tour with you. It's been 2 months since we've been back in Miami and we...
Views: 608   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 18, 2006 1:16pm
by Awesome Ali
Fantastic Phil
Great tour and guide. Showed us alot of sights in Jamaica, we did the tubing which was fun and climed the Dunn's River Falls. I loved every part of it. Tour was one of the best highlights of our trip. Thank you Phil.... Magnificent Mika & Jamaican Jason
Views: 657   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 6, 2006 8:54pm
by Mika Chambers
Awesome day with Phil!
Dear Phil, I just wanted to thank you for such an awesome day in Jamaica! You were so fun that it was one of our best days on the cruise! To anyone who is looking for someone great to take them around Jamaica, Phil is definitely the one to call. I know it sound...
Views: 828   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 13, 2006 2:16pm
by Kim and Julio Le...
Most reputable host
I wish I could tell everyone visiting Jamaica about Phil - what a phenomenal, fun, and trustworthy host. Primarily because of Phil, Jamaica was our favorite island during our cruise. Particularly the tubing!! Great fun and I have great respect for Jamaica and its...
Views: 736   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 17, 2006 11:10pm
by Bob McMahon
Phil is Phabuloso, Mon!
We took Phil's tour last week (June 28, 2006) and had a phantastic tour of Ocho Rios with friendly, philanthropic Phil. We enjoyed all the sights, sounds, tastes and actions of the real Jamaica, from a great Jamaican ambassador, phenomenal Phil. Dunn's River Falls...
Views: 736   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 8, 2006 2:32pm
by Groovy Gracie
Very Strong Positive Recommendation for Phil!!
Dear Friends, We took Phil's tour last week in Ocho Rios and we had a great time! Very friendly, very entertaining, very attentive to his guests! You will learn a LOT about Jamaica and you will not be disappointed with a Phil Lafayette Tour. This was one o...
Views: 1046   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 4, 2006 3:36pm
by John & Rhonda Mu...
Jamaica Treasure
Dear Phantabulous Phil Phelicitations and greetings from England, we just wanted you to know we arrived home safe and well. We also wanted to thank you for a 'Phun Philled' wonderful day, we enjoyed it immensely and your fact filled commentary was brilliant....
Views: 701   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 23, 2006 9:24pm
by Jacqui & Glen
Phil Lafayette tour
My family and I had one of the best excursion experiences of our trip and Phil provided that for us. He is absolutely the best goodwill ambassador that Jamaica has and we all thoroughly loved spending our day with him! We not only had an invigorating hike up Dunns...
Views: 807   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 20, 2006 11:41am
by Jackie Wilson
Dont try the rest, just go to the best!
My sister and I had the honor of having Parental Phil as our guide for a day. He took care of everyone on his bus and made us all feel as if we were his Jamaican family. Phil is definitely DA MAN!!!!
Views: 757   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 6, 2006 9:37pm
by Nice-Native Nikk...
phil da man
we enjoyed everthing about the island. i now have more for the country of jamaica thanks to phil he was very friendly and informative, cant wait to go back again thanks for the time of my life junior ,janette,tiana,maria
Views: 629   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 4, 2006 4:17pm
by junior & family
k
Kelly
Take this excursion - excellent time
Our day with Phil was the best day that week! Phil is extremely accomodating, funny, yet professional. We learned much about Jamica while touring after the falls and tubing. We highly recommend this over anything the resort may have to offer. Thanks Phil! Irie!! Ke...
Views: 859   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 28, 2006 9:16am
by Kelly
Best time we had in Caribbean!!!!
Phil was absolutely Phantastic. We went on the Dunn's River Falls and River tubing tour on May 9th. We had a great time while Phil sang and toured the beautiful island of Jamaica. This was time and money very well spent. Thanks Phil !!!!! Irie!!
Views: 774   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 17, 2006 7:12am
by Barry and Angela...
Truely Phantastic Phil
We took a tour with Philharmonic Phil. He was extremely knowledgeable and entertaining. He showed us many different aspects of the island culture. It was educational and memorable. We went to Dunn's River Falls and tubing on the White River. Had a blast, sang son...
Views: 608   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 14, 2006 10:30am
by Kristin and Wall...
d
Donna
Great tour....this guy is good!
Right off the gangway Phil met us with his van and we were off! Phil was great with making us feel comfortable in the van and entertained us throughout the tour. He certainly knows his island and told us all we wanted to know about the locals, education system, econ...
Views: 704   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 28, 2006 1:47pm
by Donna
Awesome Tour
Six of us did the tour with Phil in December and had an awesome time. Even though I was sick fromt he winding roads, I would do it all over again. Phil is a great tour guide and would definitely recommend him to any one who wants a private tour.
Views: 634   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 19, 2006 5:01pm
by Debbie & Bobby W...
d
Dave S
Dunn's River Falls and White River Tubing
Phil made our day and our trip. He truly cared about our day and time we had to spend in Jamaica mon. We had an "Irie" time and a great lunch at Jerk Centre. Phil's singing and commentary keeps you entertained and informed. He is a true ambassador for Jamaica. You wi...
Views: 960   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 18, 2006 6:30pm
by Dave S
"P"henomenal "P"hils >Ocho Rios Tour
04-02-06 "Phil Lafayette", You Can Best Describe Phil By Using The Letter- "P". Phil is "P"henomenal! He is by far the best tour guide we have ever experianced! He is truly one of Jamaica's most valuable & remarkable treasures! He is "P"unctial "P"hil, he s...
Views: 734   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 3, 2006 11:29am
by Kurt Meyers
Wonderful trip
We had a wonderful time with Phil. He made us feel very comfortable and safe during our stay. We learned quite a bit about the island, the flora and fauna, and the people. We had a brief incident on our tour where someone lost a $100 bill during the tubing excursion....
Views: 621   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 22, 2006 9:21pm
by John and Darlene
A-1
By far one of our most memorable trips. Phil's tours are the best. You can rest assured that you will be in good hands with Phil. You will appreciate his sense of humor, his singing, his great smile and his Bob Marley music as well as all the great sites and adv...
Views: 597   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 21, 2006 9:54pm
by The Jerdens
Phil has the best tour in ocho rios
Phil was very flexible and provided the best tour with his knowledge of the island and flexibility. Tour included tubing, dunns river falls and fern gully. what more could you ask? Highly recommended!
Views: 744   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 16, 2006 11:23am
by pat and dave
Fabulous Fhil
Hi Phil, We toured with you in October from the Voyager of the Seas. Haven't forgotten you. We recommended you to friends who are sailing on the Costa line Feb 25th -- they will be on a tour with you next week. Brenda and Rich.
Views: 677   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 23, 2006 12:52pm
by Bill and Brenda
p
Paul
Phil Made a Rainy Day Fun!
We just returned from a cruise on the Carnival Victory and contacting Phil for our excursion in Jamaica was the best decision we made! While the passengers who booked their excursions through the crusie line or another company we forced to do certain things to "g...
Views: 888   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 30, 2005 2:53pm
by Paul
10 out of 10
This was a great tour to say the least. With an extensive knowledge of Jamaica and it's people, Phil will make you feel at home on this beautiful island. His tour takes you to some of the best views in the city as well. It's on my top ten best trip excursions yet!
Views: 925   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 21, 2005 10:39am
by Mike Kyle
Great Tour
Hi all, Just got back from Jamaica mon, IRIE!!. Phil was an EXCELLENT guide and fun host. Saw Jamaica from outside 'the square'. Take your video cameras and Phil will safely keep watch as you go into water areas. Take water cameras in also if you want some great shot...
Views: 927   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 10, 2005 5:53pm
by Paul and Jennie ...
phil to the rescue
well I am happy to say that this is my second review of Phil and his tour and again it was Phabulous. I am quite the planner and pour over the cruise critic boards(mostly a lurker here though, so my posts are few) Our group set sail on the Carnival Victory last week....
Views: 1042   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 25, 2005 10:39pm
by sharen aka daisy
Just did Phil's Tour in Jamaica
Look no fruther than Phil Lafayette. You will have Phabulous Phun as he expertly guides you through Ocho Rios and exposes you to the life, style, fauna, flora and history of Jamaica. We have officially adopted him into our family and we are all now talking fast and...
Views: 1352   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 25, 2005 11:06am
by Phil Nacamuli
AWESOME TOUR!
We took one of Phil's tours in February with a group of 20. Phil is a GREAT tour guide. Very personal. He took us all over (including a great restaurant up on a cliff overlooking the ocean!) What a great time we had! (We're still smiling!) We went to Dunn's River...
Views: 1127   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 26, 2005 12:56pm
by The Kunkel Famil...
Phil's Tour was great!!!
My Husband and I had an awesome time with Phil. It was definitely worth the money which was a lot cheaper then through the cruiseline and Phil was very entertaining and funny. There was only 6 people on the tour. Two of the people went tubing and my Husband and I...
Views: 862   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 31, 2005 11:54am
by Cristina and Nic...
Great Tour
Great tour and great value! Phil is a lot of fun and does a good job of injecting humor into the trip. Dunns River Falls is not to be missed. Don't forget your water proof cameras to document your journey up the falls. There are some great picture moments along the...
Views: 770   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 23, 2005 11:08am
by Brian & Corey
d
Debbie
Hey Mon Thanks for the Tour
Hey Mon,,,Thanks for the Great Tour...I would reccomend you to anyone and everyone.. You know how to make people feel welcomed, relaxed, informed, and safe. Your hospitality is beyond words.. For future guests...take cash...you pay for admissions and food as y...
Views: 826   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 13, 2005 6:52pm
by Debbie
p
Pam
Admission included?
Hi All! Does anyone know if the Admission price for Dunns River Falls is included in the $30.00 price package that is posted on the web site? Thanks Pam
Views: 1256   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 8, 2005 8:33pm
by Pam
Phil's Fabulous Jamaican Tour
The tour Kim and I had with the Phil was one of the highlights of our Carribean Cruise. We had both been to Jamaica several times in the past, but Phil put a new and enjoyable twist on our visit. His knowledge of the island is extrordinary and his ability to intermix...
Views: 944   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 11, 2005 3:30pm
by Kim and Andy (AK...
Day with Phil
My wife and I spent valentines day with Phil while on our recent cruise. All I can say is outstanding!! Phil showed us around his city and then took us on a kick ass innertube trip. After that we climbed Dunn's river falls. What a great day. Phil will give good advic...
Views: 864   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 27, 2005 12:47am
by Cary Herb (Crazy...
recent tour
On a recent tour of the Caribbean, my brother booked an excursion online thru Phil. We all thought this is going to be interesting, meaning questionable. I, having been to Jamaica before at an all inclusive (Couples), didn't really want to get off the ship but wel...
Views: 769   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 23, 2005 2:31pm
by Gail Spielvogel
Tour with Phil!!
We had a wonderful tour with Phil when we was in Ocho Rios. He picked us up at the ship,took us to the Dunns River Falls, and then tubing down the river. He was so much fun and looked after everything for us. You can leave your valuables in his locked van and it i...
Views: 783   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 7, 2005 8:58am
by Mike & Diana Koo...
Phil was GREAT!!!
Hey mon! We got back safe and sound, Phil..No problem, mon! The only thing was the change in temperature. When we left Miami, it was near eighty degrees and when we landed in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, it was eleven degrees!!! TOO COLD!!! We had a great time with...
Views: 746   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 3, 2005 6:51am
by Gary and Melinda...
Thanks
Phil is certainly the man for tours in Jamaica. With his plethora of ""P'S",his singing ability and proud knowledge of his island it certainly was a "PLEASURE". I would not hesitate to recommend him for any future Island tourists.Ya Mon Winnipeg Canada
Views: 741   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 2, 2005 9:13pm
by Terry and Heathe...
Thanks Phil!!
Our stop in Jamaica on Dec 23rd, 2004 was wonderful- thanks to Phil! He was waiting for us when we disembarked from our ship the Carnival Imagination. We climbed the Dunn River Falls, next rafted down the White river, and then he took us to a nice local restaurant ca...
Views: 703   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 1, 2005 1:41pm
by The Moore Family...
Phil delivers the goods
A tour with Phil is a very Jamaican experience, in the best possible sense. He sings, he jokes he knows everything. He's reliable. What's not to like?
Views: 783   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 30, 2004 6:24pm
by david gross
k
kathy
phils your
A friend and I had the great pleasure of taking a tour with Phil this past November. He was waiting as we got off the cruise ship.- took us to his air-conditioned bus and we started our tour. It was wonderful. We got to the falls before the onslaught of "cruise to...
Views: 661   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 30, 2004 5:04am
by kathy
Phil is the greatest
We just returned from our cruise on the Carnival Victory. We toured Ocho Rios with Phil on Christmas Eve. Phil has so much information to share about Jamaica's history, culture, flora and fauna. Jamaica was our favorite port of call on this cruise. We certainly h...
Views: 712   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 28, 2004 4:10pm
by Michele Lane
n
Nicole
Oh what a wonderful time!!!
Myself along with my husband and another couple just returned from the Navigator of the Seas cruise with a stop in Jamaica. I would like to say that Phil was wonderful!! He was very informative of his country and he truly wanted us to feel comfortable and have a rea...
Views: 669   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 21, 2004 6:53am
by Nicole
1 2 3
Free Forum powered by Bravenet