Mikes Jolson Site Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Mikes Jolson Site Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New Forum

Welcome to my forum.

Please feel free to open discussions on any matters pertaining to Al Jolson or anything relevant to this site.

Re: New Forum

Hello Mike
I read in your bio that Jolie had 'a lung removed' wasn't this actually an operation to have part removal, perhaps this helped to retain that deep sound?

I think there never was a Steve Martin, I understand this was Columbia Hype.

Regards

Eric

It's unclear whether Jolson's deepened voice was due to his lung operation or to aging. Actually, I think hie bext voice was in the period 1935-1942.

Mike

Mike..
Nice work on expanding your UK site, and it makes a fine addition to Jolson on the Internet. I would, of course, encourage anyone seeking more information on the World's Greatest Entertainer, and the International Al Jolson Society, to visit the main site at www.jolson.org -
Best regards, ALways,
Marc
webmaster@jolson.org

Of course there is a Steve Martin. He appeared with John Candy in 'Planes Trains & Automobiles.'

Take care,
GEORGE W HUDSON

Steve Martin

Hello George
Sorry, as usual ur correct, but I meant Steve Martin not STEVE MARTIN, the one who posted 'At Liberty' and 'Too dirdy back there.....', the one with the red wig and red cheeks, the one who drove Jolie to the airport, the one invented by Columbia..........

Eric:-

I KNOW THAT.

But I've just been dying [what colour?] to post something about the real Steve Martin versus the reel Steve Martin.

Take care,
GEORGE W HUDSON

Hi Mike , been following your site for several months now and must congratulate you on you obvious dedication to the memory of Al Jolson. I do have a request , a few weeks ago you posted a Crosby show, with Donald O'Connor as guest , I wanted to record the program but unfortunately did not get the chance to do so , hence my request --Is It possible to have the show repeated ?. Best wishes from Australia, Allen D.

Allen
I have just created a new page on the site called Requested Site Page Re-runs. My first ever recording page "Jolson Overseas" is on this site page at the moment.
I have had quite a number of requests for re-runs so at the moment I have a outstanding list of requests which I have added yours to.
Please keep an eye on the site your requested page should re-run in about two weeks time.
I am quite willing to re-run pages when I have web site space permitting.

Mike S.

Allen,

Glad that you requested The Bing Crosby/Donald O'Connor show. It is terrific! Thank you, too, Mike!

Pat.

Thanks a million Mike , sure am grate-ful for your quick response to my request and G'day Pat , nice to see you on this great site , good to catch up with old friends, best wishes to you and Mike , Allen D.