Thorpe Thewles History Group

Welcome to our forum. If you have any questions or interesting information related to any aspect of the history of the Parish of Grindon in the Tees Valley (including Thorpe Thewles, Wynyard, Grindon & Fulthorpe) please feel free to post an entry in our Forum.

Forum: Thorpe Thewles History Group
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
Information on Thomas Watson

my ancestor Thomas Watson was christened in Grindon about 1788, I believe his parents were John and Mary Watson, John was a Tailor by Trade as was his son Michael who was born in Brotton in 1816. I would be grateful for any information about Thomas's family. Thank You

Email  
Re: Information on Thomas Watson

Hi Shirley,

With the surname of Watson there are many entries in the parish registers relating to this surname so I have just concentrated on those with a proven link.

A Thomas Watson was baptised at Grindon on 4th January 1788 the son of John and Mary.

Siblings William (15th May 1786) and Ralph (28th March 1790) were also baptised at Grindon.

Looking through the marriage and burial register I can see no other entries relating to this branch of the family.

From these it appears that John and Mary's stay in the parish was fairly brief with the family moving to a more populated area as John's reputation as a tailor increased.

It would be interesting to learn where John and Mary started (i.e. baptisms and marriage) as no doubts this would have a connection as to why he set up trade within the parish.

Keep smiling ... Paul

Email  
Re: Information on Thomas Watson

Hi Paul
Thanks for the information regarding Thomas's siblings. Hopefully I will be able to trace his parents in the near future. It is interesting that they moved about so much in those days.

Thanks again
Shirley

Email  
Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Web Calendars   Online Photo Albums   Free Guestbooks   Cheap Domains