Thorpe Thewles History Group

Welcome to our forum. If you have any questions or interesting information related to any aspect of the history of the Parish of Grindon in the Tees Valley (including Thorpe Thewles, Wynyard, Grindon & Fulthorpe) please feel free to post an entry in our Forum.

Forum: Thorpe Thewles History Group
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
David McLaren Diary Project

Hi, A few years ago I donated David McLarens Diaries to you, just wondered if you still had plans to publish them? and how that process is progessing? Brian

Email  
Re: David McLaren Diary Project

Hi Brian

Apologies for not replying sooner. I work abroad on and off and your query from April 2014 must have been overlooked. Just to say that TTHG have now fully transcribed and proof read the diaries and they have been stored in digital format.We are short of manpower and have been committed to other long term local projects. However, I am pleased to say that the diaries are in the process of being edited and selected excerpts will be published (hopefully in the next year). We promise to keep you updated on that. All the best Mark TTHG

Email  
Re: David McLaren Diary Project

Hi,
I wondered if any more progress had been made making David`s Diary`s available to the wider public.
When I found these three pre first world war diary`s, with just about every page filled with his life, his take on local news and events in the wider world at a carboot sale in Hull and read them, I really thought I know the lad. I decided I couldn't just put them on a shelf to gather dust or put them on ebay so they could gather dust in someone else`s home.
With the diary`s ending with him attending a local officer training collage I needed to know if he survived the war etc. Your group kindly gave me that information.
I donated them to your group because that was the right thing to do.
I hope they can be made more wildly available. I`m sure The people of your local area would find these diary`s even more interesting than I did.
Yours sincerely
Brian

Email  
Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Web Calendars   Counters & Site Stats   Online Photo Albums   Free Web Tools