Thorpe Thewles History Group

Welcome to our forum. If you have any questions or interesting information related to any aspect of the history of the Parish of Grindon in the Tees Valley (including Thorpe Thewles, Wynyard, Grindon & Fulthorpe) please feel free to post an entry in our Forum.

Thorpe Thewles History Group
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Information requested about William Cassidi

Hi, Im am too a descendent of Mark Cassidy through his son Alfred. Lots of great info I appreciate you sharing it. I knew very little of William and so appreciate the learning more of my ancestry. I was surprised by the numbers of clergy in my tree! From Victoria in Canada

Re: Information requested about William Cassidi

Hello . I have been digging around and these is quite a bi now available about the Cassidis of Glenbrook along with photos etc of the house Glenbrook. If you google Reverend Mark Cassidy Magherafelt Northern Irelnand and then look for a blog called Lord Belmont you will gain access to the great pics of this house which was recently restored by the current owneres. The house left the Cassidi family in 1989.If you have any questions let me know and I will try and answer them as best I can . William would heve been born at Glenbrook or at the vicarage at Newtownards whre his father was incumbant . The Rev Mark was quite an interesting character .