Thorpe Thewles History Group

Welcome to our forum. If you have any questions or interesting information related to any aspect of the history of the Parish of Grindon in the Tees Valley (including Thorpe Thewles, Wynyard, Grindon & Fulthorpe) please feel free to post an entry in our Forum.

Thorpe Thewles History Group
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
DAVID MCLAREN

HI CAN ANYONE HELP? I HAVE BOUGHT THREE DIARIES WROTE BY DAVID MCLAREN D.O.B 23/4/1897. HE WROTE THEM IN THE YEARS 1911 TO 1913. THEY ARE GREAT. EACH PAGE IS FULL FOR THE WHOLE THREE YEARS!! HE WAS BROUGHT UP IN FERRYHILL THORPE THEWLES. ATTENDED STOCKTON GRAMMAR SCHOOL.HIS PARENTS WERE WILLIAM AND HANNAH MAY MCLAREN HE HAS A BROTHER PETER AND A SISTER JANET . I HOPE HE SURVIVED WW1? INTHE 1938 KELLYS FOR THOPR THEWLES THERE IS A POULTRY FARMER " DAVID MCLAREN LITTLEGARTH THORPE THEWLES" IS HE THE SAME MAN? .THESE DIARIES ARE PACKED WITH LOCAL AND INTERNATIONAL NEWS LOCAL WEATHER EVERYDAY TITANIC SINKING SCOTT OF THE ANTARTIC LOADS OF LOCAL SPORTS NEWS .DOES ANYONE WANT ME TO SEND THEM A FEW SCANNED PAGES. PLEASE EMAIL AND I WILL GLADLY SEND. CHEERS BRIAN