Snorks Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The Snorks and the Waterwitch?

Actually, the Snorks do make occasional appearances on Boomerang. Also, you can check on EBay. I seen auctions for nearly the entire run available there.

Even I didn't know that the Snorks originated on screen as an unseen 1982 pilot...but I do know that the characters have been around since 1974, in comic book form.

Also, if the movie did exist, it was possible that other actors auditioned for the roles of the characters, but this too is unknown. I recently received an animation cel that contains a scene that I think was on an unaired pilot...I'm not sure if it is from that unaired 1982 pilot, but I could be wrong...

Hope this helps.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I have no clue where I am or anything, but my daughter got this book out of the library she loves called "The Snorks and the Waterwitch". It was a Random House book copyright 1983 based on the animated film "Captured" copyright 1982 by Hanna-Barbera. Doing random searches on the Internet I found lots of Snork sites (I didn't even know it was a cartoon series) but nothing on this particular movie.

It seems that it was a movie before the tv show. Casey was the star and she didn't have green bows. It said "The Snorks' biggest job is keeping the sea clean. Every day Casey, the Snorks' leader..." Allstar digs salt and communicates by blowing bubbles. Dimmy and Daffney are farming kelp. Tooter controls the tide machine (and he talks but likes to toot music).

My guess is that stuff was changed for the series itself and thus this pilot movie was put in hibernation or destroyed as I can't seem to find anything with it (only one reference to the waterwitch as an item being sold somewhere online). Anybody know for sure? I guess I won't be able to get this particular movie for my kid, but are the snorks reruns on tv at all?

Thanks,

SueLynn