Snorks Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Very Disappointing!

I'm not sure why. While none of my actual work was damaged, it is a shame that people like that would leave such a nasty scar on the Snorks. This is one reason why I quit going to www.satamsonic.com -- the same thing was happening to me there...

Re: Very Disappointing!

I was just on the website from the creators of Blip and Blop and the site hasen't been updated since 2003. I think the folks responsible for the site are no longer updating it from the looks of it. To me that game has not only crude content, but I also found the plot-line of the game very stupid. I'll always fail to understand why this was such a popular download. The jokes in it aren't even funny. The game got one too many good reveiws, but I suppose that people are so into shoot'em up games these days. You see games sold in stores like Grand Theft Auto becoming best sellers because it's a voilent game.

Now as for what Ryan was saying about programing games, I have had thoughts of making a downloadable Snorks game since I have a program for making games and other stuff. I recall posting something on this site about me working on a game. I canceled it though, not because it was bad, but I lost interest in it. I found the story line I made for it too simple and not well thought out. I thought of coming up with something more appealing-a Myst or Riven like game about the Snorks (One of those mystery games in case you don't know what Myst and Riven are). When I come up with a completely well thought story, I'll be sure to post more info about it in a different post. For now, I'm still thinking about what could I write for a plot-line, game controls and what role will the snorks take part in. I'll probably bang my head against the wall for hours thinking! (Just fooling about that last part )

I don't think there's anything wrong with shoot-em-up games (in fact, GTA: Vice City is one of my favorite games); it's just that the Snorks don't fit in with that kind of game at all.

Hmm, what would the storyline of a Snorks game be? Maybe one of Junior's crazy get-rich-quick schemes got way out of hand? Maybe Dr. Strangesnork is terrorizing Snork Land? Maybe someone kidnapped Occy? Well, if I think of any really good ideas, I'll let you know.

Well, Thanks, Ryan. I could use some good ideas for my games, especially yours. For now I am testing the controls to make my snork games so I can make the game play like in the Myst series. I wish I could make 3D images, though. Oh, well.

No prob, Mariana. Always glad to help!

I just finished setting up the controls. Now all I need is a good plot. However, there is a catch: I won't start working on the game until the summer!(School work ) but if you have some ideas, you can still post them if you want.