1. Replaced Jr. as the bad guy with Bigweed
2. Jr/ became everybody's friend!!!
3. Less Occy
4. Changed terminology - Occy is an occtopuppy, not a dog fish!
5. Too much Daphne.
6. Dry space, beyond the limits? What dry space or beyond the limits?
7. Got rid of the best character in DIMMY!
A real disappointment, anybody agree?
Actually, I have a few clarifications here.
1) There were actually four seasons, but a fifth was planned ever since the series ended in 1989 -- and this doesn't include the lost 1982 pilot(s).
2) Junior was still nasty, but he had mellowed down from the third season on.
3) I'm not sure why Dimmy left. I still wonder why Matilda was seen in Season One only.
4) Actually, Daffney has had the same amount of camera time as from the beginning, although there are a few episodes where only she appears.
5) Dry space/beyond the limits? This was probably changed to help the Snorks explore the outside world. The only disadvantage was the characters would not been able to swim -- but that is obvious.
I hope this clears things up.
Yeah thanks for the clarification. I just liked the S1/2 seasons better. Jr./snorkeaters were a lot better bad guy than Bigweed. And Jr. and Daffney should never be studying together in the library (in that princess story), that should've been Dimmy!!!
THE REASON WHY THEY WERE STUDYING TOGETHER IS BEACAUSE THE TEACHER PAIRED THEM UP TOGETHER DAFNEY MENTIONS THAT IN THE EPISODE BEACUSE SHE DID NOT WANT TO WORK WITH JUNIOR BECAUSE OF HIS GRADES
I love the show overall, and Season 3 and 4 definitely has their moments, but there were some changes that I didn't like in the later ones.
Some things I did/still like:
1. The addition of Corky and making JoJo appear more often
2. The dry space thing because it lead to a couple of neat storylines, although there should've been an explanation dealing with how the snorks found it was okay to go "beyond the limits" - I'll have to write a fanfic about that someday
3. While I still prefer the 12 minute episodes, the 24 minute ones did expand on certain plot points, so that never really bothered me
What I didn't like/still don't like about Seasons 3 and 4:
1. The first and most obvious reason, Dimmy's unexplained disappearance (cameo appearances aren't enough)
2. Junior being mellowed down and Bigweed/Lil Seaweed replacing him as the bad guys
3. Less Tooter and Occy throughout, especially in Season 4 (and like dimmy_fan said, calling Occy a "dogfish" instead of an octopus was really annoying)
4. The animation wasn't as great, especially in Season 4
5. The writers had the tendency to release some very bad episodes (for me, Nightmare on Snorkstreet; The Wizard of Ice; and My Dinner With Allstar come to mind)
6. This practice was common in Season 4, as some characters starred in one episode but didn't in the next - there were times when only one or two of the main characters appeared throughout (i.e. Daffney in Prehissnorkic with Gallio and JoJo)
7. The overall humor seemed quite empty at times, at least to me
8. Finally, I realize this reason may annoy some people, but there seemed to have been a lack of the Allstar and Casey relationship during the last two seasons. In fact, the writers even went as far as revealing that they no longer liked each other (although I did enjoy Snorkerella for its humor). I mean, I know this show was initially directed for kids at the time, but a cute little love story wouldn't have been so bad. To me, that's part of what made Seasons 1 and 2 so unique to me (also Dimmy and Daffney).
Now look, I'm not saying that the final two seasons were bad, but they seemed to lack the pizzaz, elements and overall vibe that the first two seasons had. But, that's just me.