Snorks Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New Series?

Any chance of Hanna Barbera making a new series of the Snorks after all these years?

I wish

I wish. ^___^ Would be cool to see then again in new styles... maybe junior wouldn't look so bald imo

I also wish I knew flash so I can animate them, I got some animations of snorks, but no flash knowledge... I want to do a snorks video of some sort, but without flash knowledge its really just me learning flash right now

Re: New Series?

It would only take a miricle for the Snorks to come back with a new series. Not so many people remember them and the old series was not sucessful during the 80's. Most people discribed the Snorks as an imitation to the Smurfs. Now, I'd never see how starting a new series would make any difference. I think the Snorks success would still be the same result (or worse) and would probably get shot down again. No matter what, I still don't think there's any hope for the Snorks. Then again..., but I doubt. Well, think about for a minute here.

Well, judging from the trends I have seen, it is very possible. You might be interested to know that a Snorks movie is in the works -- from my understanding, it will be CGI-based. In this format, the Snorks would resemble the way that they looked as the windup toys were in 1985.

As for a new Snorks series, I would not be the least bit surprized if Hanna-Barbera made a Snorks series with the original characters the Snorks-lovers have loved since 1984...after all, look what it did for Scooby-Doo! Since 2001, lots of new Scooby cartoons have begun to surface -- not bad for a cartoon that is almost 37 years old!

Yes, I know there are people that say the movie concept might not work -- but, then again, people said the same thing about my website when I launched it in 1997. The movie concept would do very well, and for those who grew up watching the Snorks and all 108 of its episodes in the 21 years the Snorks has been around...and even those who may be hearing about the Snorks for the first time will be amazed at the success and the longevity of this classic HB series!

So, as for more episodes and a movie? I can't make a 100% guarantee on it, but it is a concept that has very strong potential!

I hope you're right, Quasisp. Just so we all know from facts, the Smurfs are also doing a movie in 2008 in CGI animation. Are you sure you're not confusing the Smurfs info with Snorks? I'd like to think that it's possible for the Snorks to come back, but like I said before, the Snorks will never be more or just as popular as the Smurfs. I can believe that the Smurfs will come out with a movie, but the Snorks? That's a laugh. I don't say this to be negative, but if anyone one recalled, the Snorks were always claimed to be "wanna be Smurfs" even though it's not true. I deny it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but considering that the Smurfs are remembered by almost everyone and the Snorks by almost no one, if they release any movies, isn't it obvious which one would be more successful. Even if the voice actors in the Smurfs have a huge lack of talent and voice actors for Snorks are 10 times better, still the Smurfs would be one step ahead. The 80's Smurf cartoon was mediocore and just look at how far it got! In all honesty, the Snorks were excellent reguardless of all the negative critisism, but I think you've got that movie info wrong. Where did you hear about this Snorks film? I'm confused!

One more thing I forgot to add. I tried looking up about this movie. Guess what I found...nothing! Where is this info supposed to be anyway?

A Snorks movie in the works? Seriously? Oh man, that's something I HAVE to see!

I'm sure the Snorks could make a comeback, as long as enough energy is put into it. I mean, look at how big the Care Bears have become recently, all thanks to new toys and movies. Surely if someone does that for the Snorks, it can make just as big a comeback.

I still wouldn't get my hopes up after the lack of success the Snorks had compared to the lackluster cartoon, the Smurfs. There may or may not be any chances what so ever for comebacks. I could be wrong though. I recently found out that Strawberry Shortcake only had 6 episodes made during the 80's due to mild success and look how far that cartoon came. So, maybe there's still hope for the Snorks. Hard for some people to expect, but then again, it's possible that the Snorks might come back and be more successful than before. Who knows?