VP-21/ VPB-111 Veterans Association Message Board and Discussion Forum

none

VP-21/ VPB-111 Veterans Association Message Board and Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New England & Nova Scotia Vacation

We departed San Diego 9.27.5 for Providence, RI. The next morning we headed for Brunswick for a couple of days. This trip we did eat at Cook's Lobster House.

All the years being stationed at Brunswick, and three recent trips there, this is the first time eating at Cook's. I know, "my loss". I did have Two Lobster Tails with all the trimmings. Our next stop was Bar Harbor for two days.

I think we went into every tourist shop in town. We departed, with the car, from Bar Harbor on "The Cat" for Nova Scotia, which was a three hour run. Friends from Halifax met us at our motel room in Falmouth. We had lunch (Fish)at Rudder's overlooking the bay.

Our friends went home after a long lunch. We toured Falmouth for three days. The only difference I could find between Bar Harbor and Nova Scotia was different money. Both places were beautiful. Vacation ending, so we headed south to Providence.

The next day we visited Boston where we took the Boston Harbor Ferry, then a tour of historic sites by Trolley. Next day, 10.8.5, home. Great trip.... Jack