none

VP-21/ VPB-111 Veterans Association Message Board and Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: 20003 Reunion

Hi Frank,
I'm already looking forward to the next reunion. From what I was told, it will be either Las Vegas, Portland, ME. or a Cruise. My wife didn't make the P'Cola reunion, but will not miss the next one no matter where it is.

Got word the other day that I will probably make another trip to Turkmenistan next March. I'm excited. This past July my stop-over each way was Istanbul. The Istanbul Airport/Mall was the largest and most beautiful mall I have seen.

To get an idea of the size, think of the largest mall you have ever been in, and times it by five. It was a pleasure meeting so many nice people at the reunion. See you all at the next one. Take care, Jack Maryon

Re: Re: 20003 Reunion

Hi Frank,
Maybe next time we can get together more than we did in P'Cola. I haven't seen too many post since ours in Nov. I hit the road again in April.

This time I'll be going to the Kazakhstan / Russian Border for a 2-4 month stay. I'm excited, I think. What year is the next reunion? Take care, Jack

Re: Re: Re: 20003 Reunion

Jack,

Be careful around those parts - Americans are none too popular there.

Yeah...the reunions just are not long enough to spend time with everyone. Although when I looked for you, you were no no where to be found.

Next reunion is in 2005 - time and place TBD by vote.

Have a good trip!
Frank

Re: Re: Re: Re: 20003 Reunion

I don't think us Americanos are too well liked in too many places. The places I will be going, I don't think they ever heard of us.

It should be another exciting trip. Here I thought I was retired. We are looking forward to the next reunion. This summer or early fall we are thinking about making trip #3 to New England to see what we missed on the previous trips.

While in P'Cola I did get a chance to visit the new NATTC PR "A" School. Very impressive, but I prefer the school at Lakehurst, NJ. Take care, Jack