VP-21/ VPB-111 Veterans Association Message Board and Discussion Forum

none

VP-21/ VPB-111 Veterans Association Message Board and Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
2003 Reunion

To All My Old Shipmates and Association Members

Doesn't seem possible that two years have passed by since the Virginia Beach reunion. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and I'm really looking forward to attending our upcoming Pensacola event in 10 days.

I'm hoping to renew some of those old friendships and acquaintances. I find that even though we may not have seen each other in two, four, or even 40 years, It is as if we were never separated - even though we went away, got married, started (or continued) our careers, had kids, then grand kids. And some of us are great grand parents now. I think our bonds were pretty strong, made up of many experiences shared where we placed our lives in each others' hands on a daily basis. You get to know someone pretty quick under those conditions.

So any of you out there who may be perched on a fence as to whether or not to go to this reunion, let me encourage you to get up and go while you're able. Bob Nelson quoted his grandmother on this point in the last newsletter. For those of you who are unable to attend, I can tell you that you'll be talked about, revered, and respected. We may even recall some of your most embarrassing moments. We'll have a beer in your honor.

Hope to see you there.

Frank Balogh Jr.
Airmail7
VP-21, 58-61

Re: 2003 Reunion

Hi Frank,

Is that "OLE" Shipmates? I departed VP-21 Feb. 1960. I hate to say it, that's almost 44 years ago. This will be my first reunion, and really looking forward to seeing some of my "OLE" Shipmates.

I visited Malta last year, it sure has changed. Malta and Gozo are big tourist attractions. Don Gessner is picking me up at the P'Cola airport Nov. 4th.

Hope one of us recognizes the other. Don and I worked together in the PS Shop. Cya, Jack