Return to Website

SrananComForum

Discuss The News Or Anything Worth Discussing

SrananComForum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: How to choose an IT company to develop an e-commerce platform?

I have heard that there is a lot of quality off-the-shelf software that is now available to business owners that can be easily used in the workflow. I plan to find something for supply chain management. Getting the maximum benefit and efficiency out of logistics is my goal at the moment.

Choosing the right IT company to develop your e-commerce platform, especially with software modernization in mind, can be a daunting task. When I was in this position, I made sure to look for a company with a strong track record in modern technologies. It's important they have experience with things like microservices architecture and cloud computing because you want your platform to be scalable and efficient.

I also made sure the company followed agile development practices. This approach allows for iterative development and continuous feedback, which is crucial for successful software modernization https://www.sombrainc.com/services/software-modernization

Additionally, if you already have an existing platform, finding a company that knows how to handle legacy systems is crucial. They need to be capable of replatforming, refactoring, and rearchitecting to ensure everything runs smoothly and efficiently.

I also found it essential to choose a company that offers comprehensive services, from consulting and development to testing and maintenance. This way, you know they'll handle every aspect of the project, including any modernization needs.

Customization and flexibility were key for me. The company needs to tailor their solutions to your specific business needs rather than offering generic packages. You want them to be adaptable as your requirements evolve.

Checking their portfolio and client reviews helped a lot. Seeing their past work and hearing from previous clients gave me confidence in their capabilities. And don't underestimate the value of client references – talking to other businesses they've worked with can provide real insight.

Among the ready solutions, many of which you can even sweat for free, there are some really great options, including for supply chain management. I recommend starting with anyLogistix, which is easy to integrate supply chain planning software with your business data, to automate workflow, test new supply chain strategies and designs. Another very important feature in my opinion is that the tool finds weaknesses in your current design, and in addition identifies potential risks and uncertainties.