NSU Vomit Boards
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Nicholls needs new caricature on sidelines

I fully agree with the opening statement of the editorial in The Nicholls Worth!

"Administrators have identified them as bold and classic. Simple. Attractive. Traditional with a new flare. The local media has described them as crisp and reminiscent of those at Ivy League schools. Sure, but the bottom line is that the University's new logos are not worth the $49,000 bill from the Massachusetts-based Lapham/Miller consulting firm."

If Hulbert really gave a hoot, that money could have been used to save our precious, dying Louisiana wetlands!

$49,000 could have bought a house or a new car!

$49,000 could have lifted many people out of poverty!

$49,000 could have bought Nicholls a day-care center, or a trailer that could have been used as a day-care center!

Dr. Hulbert obviously doesn't understand the value of a dollar! While many Louisiana families are struggling to pay bills and living from paycheck to paycheck, this wasteful, disgusting man is just burning money before our eyes! Talk about disrespect!

It's like a big, fat, ugly tourist from up north driving down to his big summertime condominium in my small, poverished town in a brand new BMW, towing along his brand new yact-like fishing boat on his brand new boat trailer, standing there, taking pictures with this $1,000 digital camera, drinking champage, watching me clean fish in the hot sun to feed my wife and kids in my single-wide trailer.

I work for a living while he just wastes money and rubs it in my face.

---Roy---

Re: Nicholls needs new caricature on sidelines

nuff' said

Re: Nicholls needs new caricature on sidelines

Well, the $49K isn't that bad. Consider this, the past logos where either designed for free (through some sort of student contest) or given nominal payment. Clearly, those logos were inadequate (because we are getting a NEW logo). Now we have to pay thousands of dollars of removing the old logos from buildings and printed materials.

All of this will definitely cost alot of money. So, by paying the $49K is a bargain in the long run because it saves us money from getting rid of a crappy logo later on.

I do think that we should have been contacted or given input on the design though.